PDA

View Full Version : Houston and Mauritius layovers

jumbo1
8th May 2008, 06:05
Sanity has prevailed!!!!!
From June 1 Houston goes 48 hr layover and Mauritius will have an augment pilot till 1 July then 36 hour layover
Tks to all concerned for pushing this through
J

White Knight
8th May 2008, 06:11
Gonna need MORE pilots now:suspect: How???

GMDS
8th May 2008, 08:21
I raise my hat (!!!!) for ED, having pushed through the safe version.
Now they just have to prove that they won't insult our intelligence, and yours too ED, and pull the same unneccessary stunt with the LAX and SFO operations.
Anything but starting them with 48h layovers would definitely prove malicious intentions.

L1011
8th May 2008, 10:24
Check the portal after a week and good news! Well done all who wrote in. We have prevailed for once.:D

Now let me be really optimistic and hope there is an inflation-neutral pay raise too.

Easy Ryder
8th May 2008, 10:57
Just curious how long is the NYC layover?

White Knight
8th May 2008, 10:59
210/202 is about 32 hours and 203/204 is 24 hours. And it's a shorter flight..

SOON2B
8th May 2008, 13:44
EK210 ???? You know of some new destination that we yet have to "discover":rolleyes:

7x7
8th May 2008, 14:58
They could put 10 pilots on the MRU flight, and as long as the layover says the same, it still wouldn't be enough.

They've known the MRU flight was a disaster almost from the start, because they thought it would be a quick and easy way to put a tick in the ETOPS box for trainees. However, after just a few weeks, the Training Captains rebelled and told them in no uncertain terms that they could get no training value from the flight, as both the TC and the trainee were cross-eyed with exhaustion on the trip back.

White Knight
8th May 2008, 19:26
Heavy fingers - small keyboard..... 210 should be 201!! But I imagine 'planning' has 210 signed up for something:}:}

Kapitanleutnant
8th May 2008, 20:54
Makes you wonder then if LAX and SFO will be 48 hour layovers as well....???

K

nuigini
8th May 2008, 21:02
Settled then. Hopefully you can stop the whining now!

Plank Cap
9th May 2008, 15:31
So then, some degree of sanity at last from Mangagement and the FRMS committee. One would like to think that the obvious evidence of impending disaster by mixing ULR flight patterns with 24 layovers was there for all to see, but presumably the changes have been made to an acceptable level to the company, first and foremost.

Either way, I guess having some weeks where five out of seven IAH flights all generated fatigue reports may have become a little hard to ignore........... Congratulations to all who bombarded the Company with ASRs on this issue.

SOPS
10th May 2008, 11:23
Many thanks to all those who did the paper work!!!!:ok:

peternorth
10th May 2008, 15:56
They will take it out of our precious 14 days off....

TangoUniform
11th May 2008, 04:40
Just had a thought (alert the media). Even though it appears for next month and later there has been a correction to these ridiculous layovers, continue to file the ASRs. Why? If all of a sudden they stop, once the decision to correct the layover time was made, then it could appear this was just a job action all along and not a safety issue.

Because next month's layover is 48 hours does not mean this month's 24 hour layover is sufficient. Sure it has been fixed but if one is fatigued and feels there is some safety issue, continue to file the ASR.