PDA

View Full Version : Ey set to expand soon

coffindodger
8th May 2008, 05:00
Etihad plans flights to 12 more destinations
By Shakir Husain, Staff Reporter
Published: May 08, 2008, 00:09

Dubai: Etihad Airways will add 12 destinations to its network in the coming months as the Abu Dhabi-based carrier continues its rapid expansion in line with Abu Dhabi's plans to attract more foreign travellers, officials said.

These include major cities in China, India and former Soviet Union states as the airline is keen to connect Abu Dhabi with some of the world's fast growing economies.

"Etihad is the main player in promoting tourism in Abu Dhabi," Dr Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saif Al Nahyan, Etihad chairman, said.

He added the four-year-old airline will break-even by 2010.

The airline last year flew 4.6 million passengers and aims to fly 6.3 million this year, said Geert Boven, Etihad's executive vice-president for sales and services.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boven said flights to Kozhikode and Chennai in India will begin in July, while Almaty and Moscow services will start in December.

Other destinations being considered include Minsk, Beijing, Shanghai, Guang-zhou, Kolkata, Jaipur, Lagos and Melbourne.

Etihad is also looking to secure traffic rights to Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore and Hyderabad. There is strong traffic between these Indian cities and the UAE.

Boven said the airline, which flies to 45 destinations at present, will also increase frequencies to Sydney, where it began flying last year.

Etihad plans to order between 50 and 100 new aircraft to serve its widening network.

It now has 37 aircraft, including three freighters, and expects to get seven more planes this year. Etihad will double its fleet of single-aisle aircraft to eight this year to serve high-frequency routes within the region.

The existing orders for planes include four A380 superjumbos, but the airline is not scheduled to receive them until 2013.

Boven said Etihad will hire more than 100 pilots and 600 cabin crew this year, taking the total number of employees to more than 6,000.

The airline's new headquarters building will be ready in the third quarter of this year.

http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Tourism_and_Travel/10211497.html

Men on pause
8th May 2008, 05:48
Quote: Boven said flights to Kozhikode and Chennai in India will begin in July, while Almaty and Moscow services will start in December.Other destinations being considered include Minsk, Beijing, Shanghai, Guang-zhou, Kolkata, Jaipur, Lagos and Melbourne.

Could someone please call Zenith and have a message passed to Boven that we have already started flying to Beijing. I guess in his quest to pick up our young cabin crew he forgot.

camelbreath
8th May 2008, 08:30
The Drunken Dutchman on top form again!....where do EY get these idiots from!:rolleyes:

BCF Breath
8th May 2008, 13:35
More top notch high quality destinations........(except Melbourne and OK Moscow):suspect:

GTR-34
8th May 2008, 15:02
Almaty, Minsk??? why??? I think there lots more places with better load and cargo.

noflare
8th May 2008, 19:02
Emirates go Houston & Brazil
Etihad go to Almaty & Minsk

Well done EY you guys are showing the others how to do it!:ugh:
What chance have we got with this commercial planning dept!
You really are the laughing stock of the industry..Im embarrassed to say I work for EY!:rolleyes:

jet-lag
9th May 2008, 05:59
It is just ......Crazy...!!!!! I dont know what to say....

May be there is a secret plan or ....

EK keep discovering
EY Keep shi.......ing !:{

alghazal
9th May 2008, 06:53
Where do you think the non flying dutchman will find his next girlfriends ?? In a decent country like Australia, well the aussie girls are not that desperate !!!!
Better go to Bielorussia.....more affordable.....

fractional
9th May 2008, 08:12
Ey set to expand soon
Nothing new! The policy mine has to be bigger than yours will continue up to exhaustion.

fractional
9th May 2008, 20:56
you are not talking about our salaries here Not at all.
Had my chance and turned it down. 2 of my mates had that experience and they are happy where they are now. Regret that the packages do not follow the same trend.

raklameen
11th May 2008, 04:37
any idea if they are gonna have a mixed fleet flying for the A320/A330?:rolleyes:

alghazal
11th May 2008, 06:38
In 2044 ............

EY346Driver
11th May 2008, 11:35
No authorization as yet for MFF 320/330

No authorized Command upgrade syllabus on the A320

No approval yet for A320 Sim Level D

Need I say any more?

noflare
11th May 2008, 17:41
what about no licences for A319 :}

bluewingsdriver
12th May 2008, 01:02
Guys,

what do you expect from Etihad? Quick Command? Forget it! Good Housing? Forget it! Flying more than 950 hours a year? ( My case ) Definitely! What else?

If you get a chance at EK... good for you!!! Otherwise... what the hell!!!

I'm leaving.... guess why????

Mr. Frodo
12th May 2008, 04:28
Bye...We'll surely miss you...:{

alghazal
12th May 2008, 11:30
Yes we will

But good for you, I'm still waiting to have EK minimum requirements........

Wish you all the best, can't wait to leave .

Anywhere better than this one

Such a nightmare

Can't rest a day without bad news from the so called management

What life do you get ...? None

EY346Driver
12th May 2008, 13:01
At least I was pleased to see the latest NTC which was corrected to show a MAX of 4 requested days off through the AIMS system.

I think someone from management is reading Pprune, lets hope they understand the crew's displeasure.