PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of Jade Cargo

Iver
7th May 2008, 20:54
Hello All,

Are there opinions of Jade Cargo (747-400F operator) out of Shenzen, China? I know it is JV between Lufthansa Cargo and Shenzen Airlines and CP is German pilot. I have questions:

1. Anyone who works for Jade have opinion of operation?
2. What is likelihood of hiring European into FO seat if have minimum hours? Does Jade prefer Chinese or Asian vs. European?
3. Are all pilots living in Shenzen or do they have European domicile? If no, what is Shenzen like to live in?
4. Any reasons why someone should not consider Jade?

Thank you for any opinions and perspectives.

Iver
8th May 2008, 15:26
Thank you Ric. Good post. What type of backgrounds do most Europeans have who go to Jade? Do they have heavy time or LCC 737/Airbus backgrounds? I also heard that Air Atlanta Icelandic just lost pilots to Jade.

Also, is there no possibility of commuting from Europe - must you live in Shenzen to fly for Jade?

freightdawg747
8th May 2008, 20:03
Whats the story with JADE contracting flying out to Evergreen Int'l. I just saw on our latest bid that 14 pilots are headed to 400 training for JADE.

heavydane
10th May 2008, 17:10
Probably because the JADE contract is so great that they canīt crew their aircraft!

Regards
Heavydane

Trap
12th May 2008, 05:32
hey dumbass, go check your phone mail. ....for once.

DakotaFanning
12th May 2008, 07:59
any chance of any Jade pilots letting us in on starting pay, work rules, normal schedule, life in China, company mentality, competitive hiring mins, etc? Thanks and appreciated!!

stone_crusher
30th Dec 2008, 04:27
hi guys..........
i am currently flying piper aztec around 500 hrs tt in fish cargo.
havent given my atpl papers yet.
what is the minimums to get i as fo??
i have no turbine time
any advices pls
thanks
hapy landings........

MonsterC01
6th Jan 2009, 05:40
500 hours TT, flying an Aztec! Your kidding right?

You clearly have internet access so why don't you try looking up the mins on the Jade cargo website.

In case you can't I'd say chances of employment as FO approx 0%.