PDA

View Full Version : United Airlines to start Dubai Services

A300Man
7th May 2008, 16:55
a.net is reporting that UA will commence Dubai services. These will be daily services from and to Dulles, using Boeing 777's initially.

Edit: Commencing in October 2008.

Capt.AMT
7th May 2008, 18:06
Sweeeeeet! now I have a way to jumpseat to Dubai and really check things out. :cool:

So, for those who live there....does it feel like a real city or more like Disney World? :E

mutt
7th May 2008, 19:38
I would consider it like the Disney World car park at closing time.....:)

Mutt

7x7
8th May 2008, 01:58
EK has a unique chance for a not so nice exercise in self-promotion here... When the first UA flight lands in DXB, they put a film crew in place and line up a typical EK crew and walk them through the normal Dubai Customs Hall alongside the UA crew. (This already happens almost daily in Sydney.)

For added spice, they could hold a competition in the local rag to have people guess the difference if they were to add the ages of the UA crew together versus the total of the EK crew. Chances are, the answer might be in four figures.

Fox3snapshot
8th May 2008, 03:12
Nice one mate, most realistic comparison I have seen here for a while! :D ;)

40&80
8th May 2008, 09:04
UAL could be well up for this one....if you include a comparison of the flight deck pilots.
Looks... smart ness...fitness.... regarding worked to death deep fatigue...lack of adequate stopover rest...overall experiance... company time served...and in depth flying track record and criminal backround checks.
Do not pray for what you want as it sometimes comes true.

White Knight
8th May 2008, 09:49
40&80 - what you smoking?????

I'd say EK pilots being generally younger than the old longhaul buffers at UAL are indeed looking better (sans headgear)and a hell of a lot fitter,although yes, probably more tired:ouch:
As for criminal background checks - I think they're fairly thorough here before you'll get a residency visa issued.... As for in depth flying track records? Well, I know mine matey:ok: