PDA

View Full Version : Pay review 2008 for CC is out (not good)

ekpilot
7th May 2008, 13:18
They get about 4% on flying pay and 6% on basic from what I understand. Total 5% increase since their basic is about half of their salary.

Don't expect more! And the Cie really mentioned how of a good bonus they had this year in the letter. Big bonus small pay increase. Brace it will be bad for us too!

Tough times ahead i think.

Keep discovering:ok:

harry the cod
7th May 2008, 17:20
Considering Dubai is running at a minimum inflation rate of 10%, this is very poor indeed. Profit share should never be used as a base line for the next pay increase as it has bugger all to do with it. Why can't they just hand out the bonus and say thanks for all your hard work last year, instead of trying to grab it back with a sh*t pay rise. Talk about 'Indian giver'.

With the Company expanding at the rate it is, if Cabin Crew vote with their feet, the recruitment and training departments will have an interesting time ahead!

If we get spun the same tripe, you never know, I may even stop wearing my hat in protest! :ooh:

Harry

Fugazi
7th May 2008, 17:25
Nice reply Harry.............You are human after all!!! :D

ShooTheGap
7th May 2008, 17:26
The exact same words were uttered to me by HR during my exit interview on April 30th. "Great bonus, but the annual increase will be small." HR knows it all!

Taylor01
7th May 2008, 17:31
Here is the mass email they sent out...Enjoy...:eek:
To: All Cabin Crew (CC.06-CC.01) From: Kevin Griffiths - SVP- CC
Date: 6th May 2008
Subject: PAY REVIEW 2008
Dear Colleagues,
You will be aware that the Emirates Group has just announced a year of record results and in accordance with the
Profit Share Scheme, there will be a bonus equivalent to 14 weeks basic salary for all eligible employees. Record
results can only be achieved through the collective efforts of every individual within the group, so I would like to take
this opportunity to thank each one of you for your hard work and commitment.
In addition to the Emirates Profit Share Scheme, you will also be aware that each year we review the salary and
benefits of all Emirates staff to ensure that our reward structure recognizes their contribution and remains
competitive in the industry and that we are able to continue to attract and retain the highest quality staff. This year
we have made the following changes to our benefits package for Cabin Crew:
Details Effective
Date
1 An Increment step
The salaries of all staff who were in employment as Cabin Crew on or before the
31st December 2007 will be increased to the next step in their grade (to the maximum step
within the grade).
1st May 2008
2 An increase to Salary Scales for all grades
The starting point of all pay scales will be increased as below
Grade CC.06: Dhs 275 per month new minimum Dhs 5,515
Grade CC.05: Dhs 245 per month new minimum Dhs 4,825
Grade CC.04: Dhs 170 per month new minimum Dhs 4,225
Grade CC.03: Dhs 170 per month new minimum Dhs 4,225
Grade CC.02 Dhs 130 per month new minimum Dhs 3,915
Grade CC.01 Dhs 130 per month new minimum Dhs 3,915
These increases apply to the existing step values and hence all staff including those on the
maximum step will receive this increase in addition to the step increase as listed under point 1.
1st May 2008
3 Flying Pay
The amount of flying pay paid per hour has been increased for all grades:
Grade CC.06: Dhs 87.00 per hour
Grade CC.05: Dhs 81.00 per hour
Grade CC.04: Dhs 65.50 per hour
Grade CC.03: Dhs 59.50 per hour
Grade CC.02 Dhs 53.50 per hour
1st May 2008
The annual review of other allowances, such as the utilities allowance, is still in progress. Any changes to these will be
announced in June 2008 for implementation with effect from 1st July 2008.
Best regards,
Kevin Griffiths
Senior Vice President - Cabin Crew

Maybe they are saving their money to pay us.....:ok:

kingpost
8th May 2008, 06:37
Gents, rumour has it that the week they were working out our increases, EK had the highest number of applications ever. Oasis and 3 airlines in the states folded...... and to add insult to injury, last week a South African carrier also went belly up.

It's not looking good. Social responsibility to the employees would dictate a increase equal to the cost of living (we'd be no better off), we'll even be lucky to get that with oil hovering at $120 a barrel.

At the end of the day it's a muggs game, all you do is shake the tree and the pilots come falling down, down and down.........until......

Fart Master
8th May 2008, 09:58
WTF has the Bonus got to do with pay raises... what a bunch of Wan*ers:mad::ugh::*

nolimitholdem
8th May 2008, 14:03
hmmm for my CC friend that works out to about 3dirhams/flight hour raise. Less than a dollar! What a slap in the face.

They've been hemorrhaging cabin crew for a while now, but this is beyond the pale...going to work year after year for less money...wonder how many will see beyond the cheap drinks and pedicures Dubai offers and figure it out?

I'm guessing a bunch. "Got my bonus.....SEE YA!!!"

No bond for them, short notice period, and now, very little to lose...*sigh* must be nice!

kingoftheslipstream
9th May 2008, 08:09
If this is correct, it's brutally insufficient. :(

Cyberbird
9th May 2008, 08:57
A bonus has NOTHING - again absolutely NOTHING to do with a payrise!! :ugh:
having said that - Emirates is cutting down the salaries in real buying power by about 10 % - Fact !

Well - thanks for that slap in the face of the hard working employees, which are NOT pampered by the state, like the lazy & overly greedy UAE nationals - so, as we're now facing a massive pay cut here at Emirates - you won't have to wait too long for the repercussions - you will get the results for sure:
massive (in hundreds!!) resignments to expect, as i've heard this morning returning from my flight from the disgusted CC - they will leave the sinkin' EK-ship in masses, once the bonus is paid out - you bet & you've been warned !!!! :yuk:

Roster Change
9th May 2008, 11:55
The attrition rate so far this year for CC has been running at 40-45 per month. One Ab Initio course per month usually makes up for this loss. This is as it has always been. Fears of mass resignations of CC are unfounded. What happened to the mysterious 900 resignations that was rumoured just a few weeks ago ? That is what it was a rumour.

Emirates has thousands of applicants for CC positions. When you have one of the best route structures of any airline, then join Emirates and see the world. Emirates will never have a shortage of CC. It is not seen as career for most, but a time out period for globe trotting.

mensaboy
9th May 2008, 11:56
When I FIRST read your post Cyberbird I think I misunderstood something. Initially I thought you were referring to National Cadet pilots but having read it a second time I do not think that was your intent at all.

Just to clarify, I do not find the National Cadet pilots to be overly greedy or lazy at all. ( I realize he never actually said that, but it might be possible for someone to infer that POV)

In fact I have been pleasantly surprised in the past couple of years with the dedication and hard work they put forth in this job. I can only imagine myself in such a position and know I might take certain liberties.

I recently did a flight with a very junior cadet and every single question I asked he had the correct answer. Since I am lazy and not wanting to pull out the OM-C or endure finding something in the FOM on the laptop during the preflight or flight, I just asked for his thoughts on something affecting the flight. In each instance he was correct and simply validated my initial thoughts on the subject.

Anyhow, I just wanted to clarify something that might be misconstrued by others. I am not assuming Cyber meant anything negative wrt to Cadet pilots but I don't wish others to possibly reach the wrong conclusion. I am only giving my viewpoint.

Apologies for the thread creep, otherwise totally agree with your post.

FL XXX
9th May 2008, 13:17
Hi guys!

I am about to join EK! What the lastest news here on the pay deals!! Anybody can give me some info please!

Many thanks,

Flagg
9th May 2008, 15:53
"like the lazy & overly greedy UAE nationals"

Arrogant and racist comment :=. UAE nationals do work quite hard and, if you have a chat with the Crew Schedulers, the first people they call when they need someone to work on an offday.

I been hearing a few similiar comments on the line and I think its very unfair to call them that, based purely on the fact that their government is trying to take care of them.

disconnected
9th May 2008, 17:10
Wow

Those increases are massively below any inflation measure. The cabin crew were better off a year ago than after this "increase"

It will take a few months for the reality to set in so I doubt the resignations will be a tsunami.

Experience and dedication will abandon ship. There goes our service standards. Let's hope that when someone answers the intercom at L5 they can speak english....

Leito
9th May 2008, 21:45
...... let's hope that there is someone at L5, never mind which language they speak :}

GMDS
10th May 2008, 11:41
What a farce. A bonus is a "goodie", a add-on and is based on the numbers of the previous year. Nothing to do with the one to come. The adjustment to the T&Cs is per definition based on the erosion of conditions due to a lot of factors like inflation, currency difference, cost rise, company's plans etc. etc. To link or explain the one to the other would not be accepted in worldwide accounting standards, even punished in some places.
So if a manager does explain a shortcoming of adjustement, when the company is prospering like almost no other, with the payout of a bonus, he is simply insulting the intelligence of his employees and shows them quite bluntly that he doesn't give a toss about any professional and moral credibilty of his.