PDA

View Full Version : Asl exam, need alot of time to arrange things

THE IRON MAIDEN
7th May 2008, 02:58
I just had to call ASL exam to postpone my exam sitting. ( i thought 24hrs notice was ok ) They tell me it has ALWAYS been 4 days notice, or you forefit your booking fee. ( for me $83 )

The reason for such a LARGE lead time to postpone, 4 whole days, is so they have enough time to re-book your seat to someone else.

a few points here,
-has it always been 4 days? Im sure it use to be 24hrs

-re book the seat for someone else? I assume for lost revenue, well. Correct me if Im wrong, but for this company, no such term exists. If anyone wants to be a pilot in this country, they have no choice but ASL exam. So who cares if my seat is empty, they wont lose any money off it.

-Is it just me or does 4 days seem a little harsh? we are FROCED to pay large fees for these exams, and most will agree that these fees are higher than really seems fair and resonable. Now we are told we cant change a booking inside 4 days? Most airlines allow changes withing a few hours of a flight. Even Deathstar allow 24hrs im sure.

CASA needs to look at allowing more than one service provider, to provide the australian aviation industry with services. If there were more than one ASL exam, would we see the fees as high as they are now? (casa's one wouldnt change would it)

anyway thats my two cents, ( or $83 in this case )

Maiden,

Led Zep
7th May 2008, 04:17
I'm pretty sure it is four days prior notice required. Inside those four days you're stuffed if you want to postpone.
Outside the four days, you pay $20 for the privilege of re-booking the exam, no matter if you change months in advance. :ugh:
Like you said, lost revenue my arse!!! :hmm: