PDA

View Full Version : Gaaaawd! How Much There Is That I Don't Know!

Sunfish
7th May 2008, 01:44
I suspected that I know **** all about aviation, and reading David Robson's "Aerobatics Principles and Practice" neatly demonstrates it. What a succinct and lucid explanation!

tinpis
7th May 2008, 02:23
Easy really ..dont make the downy bits longer than the uppy bits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN1lCJlHIUk) :hmm:

djpil
7th May 2008, 11:53
Good to see that you're getting well into this, Sunfish. Feel free to catch me for a cup of coffee and a chat about aerobatics at any time. (Did I warn you that it is addictive?)

PS - I've been meaning to catch up with DR too - would you believe that we disagree on how to fly a common garden loop?

Sunfish
7th May 2008, 21:14
I'll try and catch up Djpil. I find I learn best by trying something once or twice and then "process" it in my head for a week and then go out and try again.

Looping and barrel rolls now feel OK with no middle ear issues. Lazy eights no problem. I guess more barrel rolls, then aileron rolls, would make sense next week. Then perhaps some spins. Then I need to get serious about recovery techniques and start doing these manoeuvres with some sort of precision instead of just flopping around in the sky, relying on the aircraft and instructor to keep me safe.

There is much more to this than I thought.........................................

............and yes, it is addictive.

McFlyte
8th May 2008, 07:04
Just curious who you're training with?

Sounds like fun.

Tried to PM but PPRuNE wouldn't let me. Feel free to respond by PM.

ITCZ
8th May 2008, 09:08
Meet a bloke like DR and you understand that instructing is a profession, not just a 'career path.' One of Nature's Gentlemen too.