PDA

View Full Version : The New Exodus

Whoaaa
10th Jul 2000, 06:06
More than a few Thai (TG) A330 captains are leaving for a 5 year contract witn Korean. More money is obvious but leaving something permanent for a short term contract job??

Ding_dong
10th Jul 2000, 09:50
Well, as a captain in KAL, perhaps one might imagine himself to be the supreme commander of the flight whereas he isn't in his current employment.

That might be the reason why no co-pilot joining the company.

Flame Out
14th Jul 2000, 15:22
I think it's the money thang. Working out here in SE Asia for quite sometime now I know that they'll be making 3 times what they are making here in Thailand.

Put in twenty years with TG you are locked in to all the bennies coming to you why not go out and pick up some extra tax free retirement funds before you turn 60.

Does Korean hire expat co-pilots?

THRSRSRWY
15th Jul 2000, 06:22
Nice going Flameout!!! I think you hit the jackpot right in the middle. Considering the pay and benefits at THAI compared to other airlines around the globe, and what KAL is offering, there would be no hesitation making the decision. Five years pay at KAL is a lot like 15 years pay at THAI, MAS, or local term SIA!!!! By the way, does KAL offer any basing out of Seoul?