PDA

View Full Version : EPC - Sheraton Beach Club

cyzv
5th May 2008, 20:36
As seen on the EPC website:

''Unfortunately our membership agreement at the Sheraton Hotel has expired and despite our best efforts we have been unable to negotiate a new deal. Therefore EPC no longer has access to this club. ''

:(

menard
5th May 2008, 22:16
I'll order a truckload of sand in my backyard, you are welcome anytime cyzv...Beer & wine included...

Wiley
6th May 2008, 01:18
Too many EPC members turning up at the club with their own eskys again?

kingoftheslipstream
6th May 2008, 11:26
the place was so darn dirty, I quit goin' there. Parkin' was a might messy too fer a while an' they started chargin' us to play squash... the gym was small an' in need of refurbishment and after a while it wasn't that nice a place to be imho.

cyzv
6th May 2008, 12:32
... wine included...

A Bin 333 Menard?! ;)

7x7
8th May 2008, 02:19
Too many EPC members turning up at the club with their own eskys again?Nearly dropped my glass of chardonay when I first heard of some EPCers turing up at one of the snootier beach clubs with their own packed sandwiches and chilly bins full of coldies. Surprised they didn't light up their brai on the carefully manicured club lawns. Ahhh, Dubai and the melding of cultures.

Craic Ore
8th May 2008, 05:34
Yeah, when we first lost the old Oasis deal (when that's all we had!) due to guys bringing in their own bevies, I must say I was embarassed to be an EK pilot that day. I do think we're underpaid, but not THAT underpaid.

You can dress a monkey up in a uniform, but in the end, he's still a monkey.

CO

ShooTheGap
8th May 2008, 06:52
Is it so hard for some to understand that the companies provide privileges to some groups to increase their revenues?

If you think that they are so greteful to allow you to occupy a chair and soil a towel for a bottle of water, its time to check the effects of the gamma rays.!

menard
24th May 2008, 17:01
No CYZV, a bin "Ladden" cuvee speciale, with lots of Capt'n Black. Also, no rules regarding behavior (the more you drink the better).

I will arrange a kids playground with lots of chocolate and cakes...Just to keep them calm....

brassplate
24th May 2008, 17:21
it is usually the stingy poms, ozzies and canadians that do this.

cyzv
24th May 2008, 18:05
it is usually the stingy poms, ozzies and canadians that do this.

And where are you from brassplate?!!

Wiley
24th May 2008, 20:54
The culprits in the first "bring your own bevvies and sarnies in a cooler bin to the 5 star beach club" incident all came from another ex-British colony also south of the equator, but (strangely?) not mentioned in the list above.

GoreTex
24th May 2008, 21:30
ozzies, poms and south africans are usually the stingy ones, the cabin crew always complains about them

menard
25th May 2008, 17:05
Brassplate works for Gulfair, enough said.

cyzv
25th May 2008, 17:27
Brassplate works for Gulfair, enough said.

Brassplate: what the heck are you doing here?! :rolleyes:

Menard: Get everything ready! http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/dxb/4V1J9CALXX6DHCAKE2LWMCAWHZV7VCA7DFA.jpg

Canoehead
25th May 2008, 17:41
To CYZV: Both my wife and I worked there in the early eighties. Les Ailes du Nord? Please PM me.

To the rest of you: Stop moaning, pay your AED 10,000 membership or whatever, and enjoy the beach life! Life's too short, you certainly don't want to be the richest guy in the cemetery...