PDA

View Full Version : European flying for Non-European

Lugano
5th May 2008, 12:39
I am a US citizen who lived in Europe for about 12 years and used to fly for LX. After I was furloughed at the end of 2003 I lost my living permit for Switzerland. I have my JAA-frozen ATPL and a US ATP and currently fly as captain on a CRJ. I did my JAA certificates under Swiss authority and it was converted to JAA in 2001 if I recall correctly.

As a German speaker I would fit in in some parts of Europe better than others, but I am curious about the possibility of finding work in Europe without a permit.

Most jobs posted require a Euro-zone passport or living permit, neither of which I have anymore. But I do have close to 5000 hours M/E turbine time and a type-rating and significant PIC time on the CRJ.

Is it hopeless to try to find European work at a decent carrier?

PS - Sorry for posting this in English in the French forum, but there is no 'European' specific forum.... Thanks!

Passenger 07
5th May 2008, 12:51
I have a long experience as expatriate. Worldwide, the work permit is obtained with involvement of your employer... The first thing is to find an employer then things are easy.....

Harmattan96
5th May 2008, 13:13
Hello Lugano,

Are you James K. by any chances? PM me, I just might have some info.

Lugano
5th May 2008, 14:06
PM sent.....

:eek: