PDA

View Full Version : Virgin vs SkyAirWorld

Alice Kiwican
5th May 2008, 09:26
Can anyone tell me how VB and SAW compare regarding Capt and FO pays, conditions etc for the E-jets? Also has anyone done a SAW interview recently and what did it entail? Just curious as I weigh up my options to get out of G.A!

goddamit
5th May 2008, 09:48
Not sure if you are flying high capacity jets in GA, but if not I wouldn't be as fussy. If you seriously are considering not applying to both companies just based on pay etc, either times are way too good or you might be Chuck Yeager. I would be applying to any & all operators. Largest to smallest(for job security). Remember you can't accept a job until you've earned it.

amos2
5th May 2008, 10:18
Better change your attitude Alice, and your name, the aviation world doesn't owe you a living! :(

Your licence, by the way, is rather "low shelf" so you need to work on that!

greenslopes
5th May 2008, 10:33
Give the guy a break he only wants a little advice. Due diligance and all that.
I would probably lean towards SAW as they will be looking after the AOC of Lion Air and as such you will see a lot more growth whereas V.B seems to be wallowing in the New World carrier Blues.
Good Luck

Alice Kiwican
5th May 2008, 13:00
I know the aviation world doesn't and never will owe me a living.I will be applying to any and all operators big and small in the hope of gaining a secure job for me and most importantly my family. In the meantime I'll use my "low shelf" licence and continue flying piston twins until hopefully one of my applications gets me a foot in a door!

For info I only asked about SAW and VB because there seems to be plenty of threads on NJS,Q/Link,Jetstar,Alliance,Rex and M***** already!!!

Pluto's gone
5th May 2008, 13:47
Been reading this site and damed if you do and damed if you don't.

On point point one gets nailed to the wall for accepting sub prime conditions yet when one asks about conditions they get nailed to the wall for being picky/ greedy.

No win situation ferk!

Kiwi... go hard, being a flightless bird it must be a challenge!

Cherio.

Oh and BTW low shelf lic? What crap is that, everyone started somewhere, it aint low shelf (although it is kiwi :O), seems to me that if you have any lic at the mo the bare quals on it makes it top shelf!

Trevor the lover
6th May 2008, 00:23
Amos and Goddamit,

I have seen some really dumb post on this site, but you two have just topped them all. If you have no constructive help for this guy then butt out and say nothing. Are you truly saying that remuneration is not a consideration in career planning and one should just be grateful for a job?? Remuneration has always been a consideration in my world man - its what feeds and educates my kids.

Alice check you PM.