PDA

View Full Version : Biz Jet VS Airline

WIKI44
5th May 2008, 07:49
Hello everyone!
I wanted to ask all of you what the day to day of a biz jet pilot is like. I am thinking about applying for biz jet positions rather than go for the airlines. In what ways do the duties of a biz jet pilot differ from those of an airline pilot? What is the scope for career growth? Is there a lot more time spent on the ground? It's an important career choice, and I would be very grateful for any replies. Thanks.
wiki44

His dudeness
5th May 2008, 08:04
WIKI, there have been plenty of threads on the subject. Suggest to use the search function.

And there is nothing like the typical biz jet pilot. It varies from NetJets (what is really more like an airline) to lazy coorperate bastards like me.

WIKI44
5th May 2008, 08:42
Ahhhh... right the search function. ! Thanks....
wiki

ssg
5th May 2008, 08:50
Well...I usualy wake up at about 10am. when the boss calls me into discuss what type of helicopter we should buy, and after a short discussion, simply tells me to get whatever I feel is appropriate, as long as it can land on his 200ft yacht..

Since the boss wants me to be in shape, he sends over the girl from the Bowflex TV ad to be my personal trainer. Some time later I head to the golf course to hit some balls with Warren Buffet where I get all the latest stock tips.... Around noon I head to the airport, where I meet up with the swim suit models to fly to some beach for a nice buffet and a photo shoot..The GIV on the ramp is brand new, my copilot has already cranked up the APU, has everything fixed, clean and ready and isn't a complete retard....

Once at my destination I usually end up having to rub down the girls with some sun tan oil as all the other guys there seem to be from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

About 3pm, we head back home, for a nice steak dinner, some dancing with the girls, to debrief the days events. Before I head home the boss hands me a nice bonus check for a solid day's work, and sends a couple of lady's home with me in the limo to keep me company.

My home is on the beach, because the boss pays me so much. The ladies fight over who gets to have me first, so we walk into my 'stripper pole room' just for such occasions to have a dance off.

Before I go to sleep I remind myself to make an appt with a plastic surgeon to have this perminant smile removed from my face....

:)

spearomic
5th May 2008, 18:30
yeah right...