PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Airlines A340 Captains

caber10
6th Jul 2000, 07:01
Recently SQ advertised for A340 captains.I am an longterm expat with 3,000 hrs.+A330 command who likes Singapore and needs a change.Any comments on the A340 lifestyle (days off at home/rostering etc.)are most welcome.Is it correct that the A340 fleet is not longterm?Also do they always bond?If so,how much?Thanks in advance for objective comments.

titan
6th Jul 2000, 14:57
Dont make the mistake of judging Singapore by the tourist route. Ask around or read the volumes available on Pprune. Living there and working there is not very pleasant. Try the Emirates, they seem a much happier group.

Kaptin M
6th Jul 2000, 16:28
Better still, take into account the number who DO complete, and re-new, their contracts with SQ, and remember that titanic, Glad, et al, don't have any experience with Emirates.

caber10
7th Jul 2000, 05:33
Titan and KaptinM,Thanks for the replies but please don't let let this topic degenerate like most SQ threads.After many years in aviation all flying jobs have good and bad points-I know several pilots who have worked for SQ and enjoyed much of their time while commenting adversely on some factors.
Back to my request-can anyone tell me about the lifestyle issues on the A340 such as days off/rostering/bond etc.Thanks in advance.