PDA

View Full Version : SAAB 340 drivers...

RA-DOME
4th May 2008, 16:36
I fly a Saab 340 in Canada, and there seems to be quite a few Saabs "down under" so I thought I would ask you boys a question.

I currently have my first GA headset to work with, but looking to upgrade, was looking at some ANRs, notably the TELEX 850ANR, the Bose X, and the DC X11. I know they are not all in the same league, the TELEX being for later on, but would love to try it now... so looking for some feedback from guys who are in the know, thanks.

Stiff Under Carriage
5th May 2008, 00:24
I fail to see the relevance of the SF34 comment.....

What difference does it make what you fly? If your looking to move on to bigger a/c, probably, don't bother upgrading, the SAAB will be the last you fly with the need of that type of headset.

If you wanna stay in one longer term, then I can't say it matter what you buy.

FlyingChipmunk
5th May 2008, 00:29
Bose X.....just fantastic
though I doubt the type you fly might make a huge difference, unless its a Tiger Moth, then maybe

RA-DOME
5th May 2008, 02:39
The reason I was making reference to the Saab, is because I used to fly a Pilatus which had a voice activated intercom. The Saab has an open intercom. I have no clue to other a/c types as far as the intercoms go...

With that said, something that has ANR but not PNR such as the TELEX requires the intercom to be open, like the Saab. So I guess I'll be more clear next time, anyone flying the Saab 340 with a TELEX 850ANR ? How's it for ya? I have actually tried the Bose and the DC now...

Thanks for the help b'ys ;)

Stiff Under Carriage
5th May 2008, 04:35
Ok, now I understand.... I know a guy who uses a Bose X, he does seem to have any complaints about them. Don't know the other brand though.