PDA

View Full Version : Pitts S1 in QLD

MCKES
4th May 2008, 11:08
Anyone got a pitts S1 of any variant in Queensland ? Just wondering.:8

djpil
4th May 2008, 11:12
There are a few around in Qld and another to be ferried up there from Vic next month.

MCKES
4th May 2008, 11:24
DJPIL I thought their must be some up here because I think i have seen a photo somewhere of a few getting around possibly at wattsbridge. That seems to be the place for aerobatic aircraft up here. Id just like to have a good look around one.

djpil
4th May 2008, 11:47
Get out to Watts Bridge 7-9 June for the Qld aerobatic championships. VH-TIT at least should be there.

MCKES
4th May 2008, 11:55
I will certainly try and get out there for that. I have been meaning to go out to watts bridge for a while now. Are you a member of the Australian Aerobatic Club?

Wizofoz
4th May 2008, 14:16
VH-TIT at least should be there.

(Sigh!) Give the old girl a kiss for me will you Pilks!! Silliest thing I EVER did was sell that Aeroplane!!:{:{:{

tinpis
4th May 2008, 22:40
Did you buy it off Sperou Wiz?
Gawd, it will be about 33 years old now :(

Wizofoz
5th May 2008, 01:55
No tinny,

It had a couple of owners between Chris and me. Yes she's been around, but with Rag and tube aeroplanes you just do a periodis re-build and they're as good as new.

tinpis
5th May 2008, 02:13
periodic rebuild

VH-UPUs rebuild in '77...... everything that could be broken..... was :rolleyes:

djpil
5th May 2008, 02:56
UPU also needed some serious repairs on the top wing centre-section in the early '90s and was rebuilt fully again about 5 years ago so just like new now.

The current owners of TIT aren't quite as fastidious as Wiz so I definitely won't be kissing it.

RV6
5th May 2008, 03:05
My hangar mate has a lovely example for sale at the moment - pm me if you want contact details. Only drawback is that it's on the other side of the country from QLD!

RadioSaigon
5th May 2008, 04:27
VH-UPUs rebuild in '77...

Was in her just a few weeks ago Tinnie -she's alive & well, doing her thing in Maitland -and a joy to fly :ok:

djpil
5th May 2008, 11:24
Are you a member of the Australian Aerobatic Club?Privacy laws forbid me answering that question. Also, too many people here seem to know who I am and I've only worked out who 1 or 2 really are.

Anyway, MCKES, I'm unable to speak on behalf of the organisers of the contest at Watts Bridge however I am sure that you'd be welcome. And you won't need an ASIC. If you want to make sure - ring Tracy (see AAC website) and ask but be warned that she'll probably give you a job!

HappyJack260
11th May 2008, 10:45
The AAC Code of Silence is so secret that DJPil and I each had to wear paper bags over the head when he did my 1500' low level waiver last year. It's a bit limiting for visibility but once you've flown a Pitts you get used to not being able to see anything straight ahead, anyway. Next time we'll have to negotiate putting eyeholes in the paper bags....:cool: