PDA

View Full Version : Mid East Aviation Amman Jordon

captnatasha
4th May 2008, 10:56
i need information about Mid East Aviation Amman Jordon.Also cost of living in Amman.rent of a studio appartment,name of any good and secureresidencial area close to Marka Airport.etc etc
i will really appreciate any kind of information relevant to forien pilots in amman

411A
4th May 2008, 23:37
Cost of living in AMM?
Bring a well stuffed wallet....you will need it.

gatewayalpha
5th May 2008, 10:40
i dont recommended yo to live in amman
i was graduated from mid east aviation and a little advise for you run away

captnatasha
5th May 2008, 15:29
why should i run away will 2600 $ be okay for me to live in amman
why u dislike the academy??whats the standard of ground instructor's over there.i am leaving for amman plz reply soon thank u

Joey Q
6th May 2008, 00:55
$1000 per month will get you a nice studio apartment in the best areas of amman... thats excluding water/electr/gas a studio apartment around marka airport will be considerable less since its not considers a "great area" gas is about $1 per liter overhere ....cars are atleast twice as expensive as in europe if you're planing on buying a car.. the academy? well... one other airport for xcountry flying is to aqaba... the acamdey has some relative new airplanes.. preatty crowded with students wanting to fly.. to many students to few planes... and competion about closeby airspace from other academy.. only so few planes are aloud in the air and thats when people alow them up because of "visability" if its less then 5km forget about sending students anywhere.. its basicly a pilot factory with instructors depressed about not flying for the airlines for various reasons.. maby other people can fill in?
I would never sign anyform of contract so that if the suroundings start to burn you can ditch asap..

gatewayalpha
6th May 2008, 09:03
well i agree with Joey Captnatacha
the ground instructor are lasy, they give you class sometimes and sometimes not and even for the flying instructors you will teach most of them.and the flight ops are not organized ..... anyways if you need anything in amman like apartement or anything else i can help you.........

SamAustralia
6th May 2008, 12:30
Why would you want to go to Jordan? for work? well embrace yourself for the worse unorganized traffic of all time... taxi drivers will mess you around once they see that you don't speak their language(their accent I should say, because the do the same with all Arab visitors to their country as well)....

Life is expensive there.. 2600US is about 1850 their currency.. food could be cheap, depends what you eat and where you eat it...

Dont want to draw a black picture for you but I'd rather know what im facing than get blown up by the big surprise there..

My 2c worth anyway
Cheers
Happy flying

captnatasha
7th May 2008, 17:36
airforce zindabad

captnatasha
7th May 2008, 17:39
i have found an appartment at LARABIEH/GARDENS STREET for 600 $ and its all furnished?do u have any idea about this place?

SamAustralia
8th May 2008, 00:17
Gardens is good area... again I dont want to put u off, but there nice thing in Amman and bad thing... just go do your course, enjoy it and come back ...

AIM HI
8th May 2008, 11:27
Captnatasha
Are u going to work or study:confused:

mayday.call
8th May 2008, 14:04
Gardens is a nice place to live, but still a little bit far from Marka airport, if you dont have a car, you need about 5JD daily for transportation from your appartment to the airport and back.