PDA

View Full Version : South Africa to E.Guinea charter

Ray D'Avecta
3rd May 2008, 10:45
Anyone know if it is possible to arrange a private charter for 4 people from Cape Town to Malabu (?) in Equatorial Guinea?

Or, perhaps any airline that flies direct between SA and Equatorial Guinea?

I have 4 friends who want to make the trip, but would rather not have to fly all the way to Europe to make the connecting flights.

All info appreciated, including maybe names and phone numbers of charter / air taxi companies.

cheers

saywhat
3rd May 2008, 11:11
Perhaps flying Cape Town - Johannesburg - Libreville - Malabo is the shortest option. SAA and then Air Morroc. I'm sure that it will cost a fortune though. Other option is to charter, but I hope the people have lots of money then, as that is really very expensive.

RunwayBlueOne
3rd May 2008, 11:23
Unless money is no object, the most convenient way is via Europe.
(I think some SA pilots are very nervous of having to stick around EG too long:oh:)

Ray D'Avecta
3rd May 2008, 16:46
Unless money is no object, the most convenient way is via Europe

Thanks for the replies so far.

I believe that the oil company they work for is financing the trip, and they are planned at the moment to route via Europe. They were looking at saving time (and maybe money) by routing direct there and back, and asked me for advice, but as i do not operate in that region, I thought I'd ask you guys.

Am not sure what their attitude to the potential cost of a charter would be, but if anyone could just give me a name and number of a private air charter / air taxi company in Jo'burg or Cape Town, I could at least pass that on to them as a starting point.

Thanks

I.R.PIRATE
3rd May 2008, 16:48
Libreville/Douala then on to Malabo, would probably be the easiest and shortest transfer.

VortexGen300
4th May 2008, 08:49
Hi

My 1/2 c is except if money is not an issue - go with the airlines.

The average cost of a King Air 200 / PC12 will be in the order of R22-00+ per km - that excludes enroute landing fees and other costs like permits etc.

Don't even consider it with a Piston - it is looking for trouble with fuel availability.

My guess would say a charter like this will set you back between R150 000 and R250 000 if you are lucky?

Good luck
VG300

Lynessa
4th May 2008, 09:05
Fortunately people who work for Oil Companies may only fly on Airlines which have been audited and approved by the Oil Industry.
In our part of the world nobody flying schedules in that direction is approved that I know of.
Same goes for Charter companies, NAC and Naturelink are the only two I know of that are approved for West Africa Oil Companies.

CJ750
4th May 2008, 10:18
WHY FORTUNATELY. You make it sound like charter companies are not safe......This may be true for some but not all

arcair
4th May 2008, 12:34
Try Zenith Air for a charter, I was in Bata with them 2 weeks ago, no problems.

dionysius
5th May 2008, 13:25
Thatcher Airlines.................;)

Ray D'Avecta
5th May 2008, 21:59
Thank you all for your replies, and Private Messages. I will pass all the info on and let them make their decision. Thanks again.