View Full Version : Question about unemployment

Gmn
3rd May 2008, 01:28
Hi,

I'm interested in going to a few open days that are coming-up soon but...I'm worried that because I'm unemployed at the moment that it may count against me.I was working 70-75 hours per week up until Jan 27th and just felt that I needed to stop working for a while and have a rest.I'm currently living on money that I had saved already and don't recieve any kind of Goverment assistance.

Also due to circumstance I left school at the end of 6th form and I'm alittle concerned about that too,I'm 27 years old at the moment.

Could anyone please let me know what they think about my situation?

Thank U very much!

AirborneSoon
3rd May 2008, 07:51
No it wont go against you. You don't have to call it unemployment. You can call it time out, a holiday, considering your options. As long as there is a reasonable explanation for it, it's never a negative thing. Many people regularly have extended periods of not working for lots of reasons.

I don't know about in NZ but in Oz I can't recall being asked anything about my education and there wasn't even any mention of it on my resume either. As long as you are literate and numerate I can't see any problems.

Forget your hangups and just go for it. Let the recruiters decide if these things are an issue or not. I'm almost certain they won't be.

HAWK21M
3rd May 2008, 08:10
Any Reason why approved leave from company could not have been considered,rather than quitting to take a break.
regds
MEL

Gmn
4th May 2008, 23:02
To be with u the I wasn't making much money and decided to work 2 full time jobs to compensate for the low pay and after about 6 months it all just started to take a toll on me,I wasn't getting much sleep and was always exhausted and couldn't do my work the way I should have.

Thanks alot AirbourneSoon!!!!!