PDA

View Full Version : AirN@v and IE7

winglit
2nd May 2008, 23:07
I finally gave up on the nagging from Microsoft to update my software on my company computer. I installed the lastest servce pack 2 which also uprgaded my internet explorer to IE7.

Now when I run AirN@v it says that it only supports IE5.5 or 6 and then doesn't go any further. I thought about posting this in the IT section, but as this is really only an engineering tool, I thought it would be better posted here.

Does anyone know of a workaround to this? Once you've upgraded, it's not possible to downgrade.

I work at an overseas outstation and my AirN@v disk is legit, sent via my company. I just don't have a lot of faith with my company's IT department. They'll patch me through to a call centre in Bangalore who I won't be able to understand! And they probably don't know what AirN@v is!

Wodrick
3rd May 2008, 09:02
Presuming that you have Admin rights, guess you must have to install Airn@v in the first place, then just remove IE7 using add/remove programs, the computer will revert to IE6, you can then use Airn@v normally. I have just done it on my laptop to prove it to myself.
Incidentally I have used Airn@v for years over a network, but putting a version on my home PC has been a revelation - really quick !

castin
3rd May 2008, 12:53
Depending on which company you work for the latest release of AirN@v works with IE7
Or you can can install the program from software 2.3 and below and then install the latest database

Wodrick
3rd May 2008, 15:09
So 2.4b will work with IE7 ?
I'll just have to upgrade again I suppose !
Don't actually use it except for things that need it.

winglit
4th May 2008, 19:34
Thanks for the tip Wodrick. I uninstalled IE7 as you said and it rolled back to IE6. I then uninstalled and deleted all the airnav stuff and started from scratch and now it all works.

Nice one!:D

By the way I have airnav 2.4.1 which doesn't run with IE7 on my PC