PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Airlines does it AGAIN!!

Whiskery
22nd Jun 2000, 10:24
Gladiator & Company.........

I am very sorry to disappoint you lot BUT
http://pathfinder.com/travel/TL/WldsBest/forairlines.html

Truth Seekers Int'nl
23rd Jun 2000, 01:59
Amazing, all this publicity and they are still number one. Do the publica really read Pprune? I doubt it very much !

Whiskery
23rd Jun 2000, 03:19
TSI - why do you say amazing? I have no doubt that some of the public read this forum and I would hazard a guess that some may even be SQ clients. What the public read on this forum varies from the believable to the totally unbelievable and they also read the warnings about the possibility of unscrupulous people abusing it. The content credibility of any topic is only as genuine as the author. I don't think you have to go through many of the posts to realise who is genuine and who is not.

The travelling public is not stupid TSI, give them a little credit.

Gladiator, or whatever name you are using today, I have found the 250 hour thread for you and it is back in Rumours. I wouldn't normally have wasted my time, given the abuse you and your mates have given some of my friends of late, but I figured if you can't even work a simple search engine then you need all the help you can get.

Keep the Faith:]

Goldwing2000
23rd Jun 2000, 03:25
Whiskery,
No one disputed their inflight service is second to none as countless awards have been dished out over the years.Have you not been following proceedings or your grey matter just not copping with the deluge of information coming your way.How smug you must feel,why don't you buy yourself an ice-cream as a treat!

-------------
Gravity doesn't exist.Earth sucks.

Kaptin M
23rd Jun 2000, 03:48
Goldwing, Glad, Titan, et al, how about putting up some cold, hard FACTS, instead of the petty rumor-mongering, hearsay gossip, which you all delight in whispering, like a group of women in a sewing circle.

It's ex-pats like you, who make it hard for the other decent guys - who have got the intestinal fortitude, backbone, and balls, that you so obviously lack.

titan
23rd Jun 2000, 05:56
You STUPID STUPID people!!!!!!!!!!!
That is exactly what the hundreds and hundreds of comments here have all been about.
Never "SIA wins maintenance award"
Never "SIA voted #1 in CRM"
Never "SIA obtains Best Practice status from ICAO"
Never "SIA has fewest incidents per sector"
Never "SIA wins Humanity award"
Never "SIA wins award for services to the community"
Never never never never never never

Whiskery001 exposed you - Jandakot Flying College students out on the Big Suck.

Also looks like he got it right in the JETBLAST forum..........off you go now!

Kaptin M
23rd Jun 2000, 06:57
Well,well well, Titan = whiskery001....with postings usually between 8 - 10 minutes apart, poor naieve Titan was only fooling himself. Sorry mate, once again you've bombed out.

I think you've now slipped your neck nicely into a noose, made from your obsessive hatred of SQ...unfortunately, unless that posting on Jet Blast is quickly removed, PPRuNe will probably suffer as well.

Didn't your Mum and Dad teach you that's it's just not nice to say the sorts of things you have, about the Jewish [or any other race/religion] people??!!

From the rantings above, it looks as though you've finally blown that foo-foo valve!

Whiskery
23rd Jun 2000, 08:13
Nice piece of investigative work Kaptin M. I had my suspicions but just couldn't put my finger on it.

I would have congratulated you on that racist thread he posted in Jet Blast, but as that will be removed soon I didn't want you to miss it!

titan
23rd Jun 2000, 15:21
Well roll me over and tickle me senseless Shirlock!! But, once again, wrong! so, go directly to jail, do not pass go, and do not collect $200.
If you are so desperate to find out who Whiskery001 is, then may I suggest you ask Danny to trace the email. I think you may just find that the Mr Whiskery001 and I are, so to speak, world's apart. However, using your logic:
Titan = Whiskery = KaptinM = Velvet Strokes.
You see, unless you guys dont have real jobs, your postings always seem to come just minutes after mine. Hell, I'm one and the same; Im my own one man war!!

Anyway, I admire Whiskery001, along with Gladiator, Slasher, Goldenwing 2000 and tallyhoe92. You see, boys, they are not cowards; are not afraid to say how they truly feel; are not afraid to stand up and say "no, this is wrong". Have you ever done that?? Or do you just fantasise about freedom along with the rest of your countrymen? Freedom means responsibility. If you can't handle it, then get back into your box, close the lid and stay there, and maybe pray that your next generation has the fortitude to fight for the truth.

"walk quietly but carry a big stick"

Kaptin M
23rd Jun 2000, 15:55
Titan, you've demonstrated amply, how trustworthy YOUR word is...after all that is the subject of your posts, isn't it!!

"How I cheated, lied, and stole....and got caught out by Singapore Airlines", or "My name's not worth the paper it's written on" - a true story by Titan, alias whiskery001.

Goldwing2000
23rd Jun 2000, 16:05
Kaptin M,
The facts are yes,Sq won many,many awards for being the best airline in the world but nada for all the things that were highlighted by Titan. It is you who is in cloud cuckoo land and not the rest of us for pointing out the COLD HARD FACTS.It is people like us that have the detemination,courage and as you say balls to stand up for ourselves while people like you sit on the fence watching which way to fall, how spineless and cowardly this must make you feel. Don't be fooled in thinking that we'er not decent guys for believing in our convictions,inlife it's always better to know where you stand.

-----------
Eagles may soar but weasils don't get sucked into jet engines.

Kaptin M
24th Jun 2000, 04:13
Goldwing, the ONLY conviction you and your ilk have, is NON-CONVICTION....you were UNable to follow your conviction [your signed word] of fulfilling your contracts with one of the most respected Airline companies, in the world.

You guys [the dropouts] are an infintesimally small drop in the ocean, when compared with the number who HAVE [previously, and subsequently] had the foresight and self-commitment to stay focussed on their career goal...but then Aviation is well renown for weeding out the non-achievers through various "tests" along the way.

Unfortunately, this was one hurdle that you guys didn't clear. BUT, instead of making such a big fanfare to all and sundry - by way of anti-SQ posts - you would be far more respected by your fellow aviators [and others reading these forums], if you were to get up, dust yourselves off, accept the fact that Singapore [and so probably many other foreign countries] was an error in judgement, on your part...treat it as a valuable learning curve....and move on with your lives.

Accept the fact that errors in judgement, or intentional flauntings of some rules and regulations, will cost you, either punitively, or monetarily. This law is no different in EVERY country in the world, so "pay the piper"....and move ahead, instead of letting your past weigh you down like a ball and chain around your leg.

Everyone in commercial aviation has experienced a time during their career path when they wanted "out" - or maybe didn't even want "in", from the start - but used it as a convenient, and maybe necessary 'stepping-stone', to get to the next level.

I suggest you treat your experience with SQ likewise, but accept the cost.

BusyB
24th Jun 2000, 05:52
To put another meaning on this threads title.
The other day at CDG (26L ils, 27 loc/dme for arrivals) SQ kept asking for 26R without giving any operational reason. Despite ATC repeating the RW in use he kept insisting until ATC finally holds 4 aircraft for up to 10 mins before they can cross from 26L after ldg while SQ arrives and taxis all the way back to T1. I realise 26L is less than 9000' but a loc/dme isn't really that difficult is it?

[This message has been edited by BusyB (edited 24 June 2000).]

Gladiator
24th Jun 2000, 12:08
Dropouts? Weed out? Who dumped who?

Youe logic is based on a one way street, wake up and smell the chilly, it is a two way street buddy.

Get over it and accept the fact that employment at your dear Airline, the most respected airline in the world and the most hated airline in the world by employees including the Singaporean employees was sub-standard.

Hence, "we're outta here", we all got the hell outta Dodge buddy.

Jack Schitt
27th Jun 2000, 23:54
Whiskery, G'day....

do you or does anyone else know of an official list on the net of the WORST 10 or 20 airlines can be found?
I need it to win a bet! :)

cheers.
jack

Whiskery
28th Jun 2000, 03:41
Sorry Jack, I gotta say I've let you down Mate! Was trying to find that site amongst all the others..you know -

Best maintenance award,Best CRM,Fewest incidents per sector,Humanity Award,etc,.etc,.

Guess the traveling public just aren't interested enough in all that.

"Get us another Tiger,please Sweetheart...Ta!

titan
28th Jun 2000, 05:07
KaptinM writes:
"Accept the fact that errors in judgement, or intentional flauntings of some rules and regulations, will cost you, either punitively, or monetarily. This law is no different in EVERY country in the world, so "pay the piper"....and move ahead, instead of letting your past weigh you down like a ball and chain around your leg"
Funny how being sued for S$320,000 can feel like being weighted down by a ball and chain.
The British leave Singapore with a pretty good functioning legal system, and what for? just so LKW, a lawyer, can come along and completely screw it up. Laws around the world are not equal. That is why we have refugees. That is why most Singaporeans with money desperately try to emigrate to Australia, Canada or the USA. How many Westerners migrate to Singapore????? I dare you to answer!
Your ignorance is blinding.
For $1,000,000 your question is "why does SIA pursue the bond-breakers in other countries rather than have them judged guilty in absentia in Singapore?"
Time is ticking KaptinM...........
You have two choices in Life; you can
1. roll over and die by letting the bullies trample you....... "welcome to paradise in Singapore"
or
2. Fight. The first time you hit a bully he usually cries and runs back home to his mummy. Bullies are like that. Gladiator sent SIA squealing home with its tail between its legs.
You only get one go at life, so you better make the most of it.
Our evolution from caveman to the present has NOT been carved by the Number Ones.

[This message has been edited by titan (edited 28 June 2000).]