PDA

View Full Version : Big tube monitors

Loose rivets
2nd May 2008, 12:43
A pal and I are both disposing of 19" Sony monitors. Mine is oldish, but simply the best picture that I have ever seen...bear in mind that I used to sell hi-end workstations with Eizo iilama sp? monitors.

Flat screens do not multi-synch...unless there is a type that does. ie my tv switches res so why does there have to be a native resolution on monitors.

I find that scrapping these superb monotors causes severe pain in my consevation diodes.... does anyone still use tubes.?

Cornish Jack
2nd May 2008, 15:16
Yep!!
Dell-badged Sony Trinitron 21" flat screen. Quite simply nothing remotely as good elsewhere. Biggest problem? The hernia generated carting the thing upstairs and the repeat dose shortly carrying it down again.... Heavyyyyyyyyy.:eek::eek:

zarniwoop
2nd May 2008, 16:20
I've got a 19" Belinea monitor sat on my desk at home, the company I work for changed to flat screens after moving office about 18 months ago so I gave my old monitor a new home. Still works perfectly after more than 7 years, I'm just glad I rarely have to move it.

green granite
2nd May 2008, 16:36
still running an ilyama 19" tube here, won't go flat screen until I have to.

And the other half runs a dell 19" tube on hers.

John Marsh
2nd May 2008, 16:49
Running an HP CRT monitor...plenty life in it yet; quite happy.;)

Mate of mine has a large Sony CRT unit for TV etc. He's techno-savvy and very particular about picture quality, having worked with engineers for many years. Won't go flat screen 'till they're better'.

Mate's mate went flat screen, then removed the heater from his living room. No need for it!