PDA

View Full Version : Onur Air

Tenna Schoer
2nd May 2008, 10:16
Yesterday, Onur Air had an incident with a MD88 aircraft in Antalya, Turkey. I would like to get in contact with pilots, that have been employed by Onur Air and are able to enlighten how the airline operates.

Rumor has it that there are problems with their Cockpit Ressource Management, among others.

Please contact me at [email protected]

Firstly, this is only for back ground.

Sincerely,

Tenna Schoer
Journalist
TV2 Denmark

AltFlaps
2nd May 2008, 12:37
Do you even know what CRM means ? :{

despegue
2nd May 2008, 15:30
Hola, wait a minute.

At least Mrs Schoer wants to find out some facts about a subject she is to cover by asking (ex) Company flightcrew.
That is more than can be said of a lot of her collegues who don't do thorough research or even none at all when it comes to aviation matters.

I strongly suggest to help this journalist as she does try to get some facts.

However, this proves again that the media is watching Pprune.org and every poster should be conscious about this fact and behave in a way that they see fit for an Officer and aviator. (see various stabbing threads, including the Ryanair ones)

Blues&twos
2nd May 2008, 16:27
Oh come on! Why would you tell a journalist anything?

Conan The Barber
2nd May 2008, 16:42
Rumor has it that there are problems with their Cockpit Ressource Management, among others.
I see the tone of the piece is set already.

Matt35
2nd May 2008, 17:37
The lady is upfront by declaring that she is a journalist?

Asking for expert comment instead of speculating?

After some of the sh1t we get in the Redtops I think she should be encouraged...

Matt.

Dani
2nd May 2008, 17:43
Agree that she has her style to ask.

Still I would never tell anything the press, because it all comes back to you, even if you try to be anonymous.

Dani

AltFlaps
2nd May 2008, 19:24
But my point is that from the way the question was posed, this journalist thinks that Cockpit Resource Management is something that can be requisitioned from company stores...

This is the problem when journalists decide to get 'involved' with aviation for quick sensational results !

dusk2dawn
2nd May 2008, 20:27
Use caution when dealing with TV2 - they have been caught creating their own "news" more than once.

Twin2040
2nd May 2008, 21:27
That Onur has been involved in many incidents is hardly any secret .........
I think it is better than normal "journo" approch - at least compared with most other colleques - to try find facts etc..............
However only the crew onboard, Turkish CAA can give you any FACTS !!!!

I support DusktoDawn in his statement - yesterday in DK television was a real pain like always - lots of wrong wrong wrong statements ........... PAX being interviewed as like they where experts ............

Having the recent SAS Q400 saga in mind and the DK press way of dealing with this issue - still stands very clear in my mind .........

But Lady ! I wish you good luck - it should not be to hard for you, to find somebody that is willing to blow the whistle.

German television had a story about them a couple of years ago - showing electric wireing hanging down inside the overhead racks etc.

I also think - as I recall it - there where a skipper jumping ship - fully loaded with PAX - and informing the good people onboard, that he had no intension of flying this machine and he now resigned ............

mini
2nd May 2008, 22:13
Journo's... like the poor, they'll always be with us.

Never talk to a hack you don't know about. Had too many bad experiences TBH.

golfyankeesierra
3rd May 2008, 01:05
Try Dutch CAA (IVW).

MaxBlow
5th May 2008, 09:26
Try and contact STERN TV in Germany. They did a report on Onur and even had the captain on the show that walked off the airplane.

OutOfRunWay
6th May 2008, 08:58
talking to journalists might inhibit them making up their own facts..

OORW

plain-plane
6th May 2008, 17:41
You should not expect much help on here.
But please do not go all AAA on us…

Thing is; we are not very good at explaining complex aviation issues to journalists, and journalists appears even worse at conveying what pilots have told them to the public without sensationalizing even the most trivial matters...

Finally, if I were you I would think very hard about using information gained from here, as it will prove very hard to verify, and how can you tell pilots on here from non pilots on here….

But do not let any of this hold you back, go do your worst Mejlhede…:D:D:D