PDA

View Full Version : Working in africa

mb321
1st May 2008, 23:56
Hello, hows everything in Africa?
Is that possible to find work there and get a work permit as a pilot?

Looking for information.

Thanks alot.

Phone Wind
2nd May 2008, 06:17
Which bit of Africa? In case you hadn't noticed it's a big place :}. Some of it's north of the Equator and some south, some east and some west of the prime meridian. Are you looking for work as a plank or rotary driver? Have you got any relevant experience? Just coming up with something as general as you have with no indication of your own experience is pretty unlikely to get you any information that's any more meaningful than what you've written :ugh:

Jorge Delgado
18th Jul 2008, 12:28
Hi I have a Total Time of 700 hrs, with 350 Multi(chieftain)and A have the JAA/CPL(frozen ATPL) FAA/CPL. I am also type rated on the PAC 750 XL.
Does anyone know where in Afrika there are best chances of finding jobs.

Thanks...:O

SAT_BOSS
18th Jul 2008, 13:26
NL has PAC 750's that they run in Abeche. If you enjoy Camel meat, flies, no water at times & generally a tough life then well I guess U could contact them. To work in Africa & to have fun the very first pre requisite is to have a pair of very BIG BRASS BALLS.

Its not for everyone & the South Africans supply good well trained pilots into the market so you will need a SACAA Validation to fly on a ZS

Cheers & Good luck

Philpaz
29th Jul 2008, 22:05
Is it very difficult to get a work permit for SA? I am currently training and hoping to get my JAR fATPL (250 hrs+) this time next year, always fancied doing some time on small twins down in Africa. Would happily work from any base, fly anything and live on beans. Whats the possibility or is this just a pipe dream?

Cheers

Phil