PDA

View Full Version : EK ULR Layover Change!????!!

EFIS123
1st May 2008, 13:01
Hi guys.

Yet again I need to ask the million dollar question.....everyone at work (cabin crew, pilots etc) keep saying that the layover for Houston, and therefore SFO/LAX Layover is about to be increased to 48 hours due to the ASRs (and the fact that the pairing is insane).

Also in the Air Safety Reports, the most recent one showed the Houston Fatigue Issue and the response from Air Safety was that 'a decision on the matter has been made'. But that was basically it.

Can anyone quote anything in writing or concrete on this. Any info appreciated.

TwinJock
2nd May 2008, 05:27
ED and his team has made a recommendation that the Houston layover becomes a 48 hour affair. They also suggested that LAX and SF be the same. If the powers to be agrees - that is another question!!

Sheikh-It-Easy
2nd May 2008, 07:58
Well I hope they acept ED's proposal for the sake of our health and safety.

helen-damnation
2nd May 2008, 16:50
Well I hope they acept ED's proposal for the sake of our health and safety.

I hate to sound like your Dad but YOU are responsible in this case. :uhoh:

IF you aren't fit, DON'T fly. It's in the FOM :ugh:

QNH1013
2nd May 2008, 22:10
Yeah and I hate to remind you that it's not that you don't make perfect sense, but that's just easier said than done.

Perhaps you could be the first to file an ASR where you called sick in IAH due tiredness from the short layover. Hell, sometimes I'm not really feeling 'fit' to fly the return leg on a Lahore night turnaround but I'm still flying.

Im on your side mate, but no sense lecturing us because It's nothing we dont already know.

The solution of keeping the feedback coming through the ASR's seems to be getting through if those west coast and IAH flights are going to be 48hrs.

helen-damnation
3rd May 2008, 09:45
Not trying to lecture anyone, sorry if it came over that way :O

The ASRs are part of the system that is changing the company mind set, BUT....
There are some guys, myself included, who have called fatigued before you go to some black hole at 3am.

We all know who takes the rap if something goes wrong and how much support you would get from the company :mad:

Sleep well,
HD