PDA

View Full Version : Old Course Notes

airgirl
1st May 2008, 11:10
I was just wondering if anyone out there happens to have any old commercial training notes that they no longer require. I am a very keen PPL student who is never likely to obtain a commercial licence but am very keen to further my knowledge as much as possible to hopefully make me a better pilot. I have fully studied all of the PPL syllabus ground studies notes and would now very much like to further my knowledge and have been recommended by several commercially rated pilots to post on here in hope that someone may be able or willing to help me.

Please do not scoff at someone as lowly as a PPL student wanting commerical notes - I am just very, very keen to learn and study more but without the expenses of having to pay out vast sums of money.

Very many thanks for reading this and for any help that anyone may be able to offer

Cheers:)

Whirlygig
1st May 2008, 11:28
Definitely no scoffing from me!!! Unfortunately, I've already just given all my notes away!

However, I do recommend this book; it's a condensed ATPL course in one book!

JAR_Professional_Pilot_Studies_by_Phil_Croucher (http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=KY-MBUeQoZEC&pg=PT325&lpg=PT325&dq=jar+professional+pilot+studies+phil+croucher&source=web&ots=cMUuZkXTTR&sig=uCjAW4bh0EB6cNX9_UwtOtozX2s&hl=en)

Cheers

Whirls

HappyFran
1st May 2008, 11:44
I've got the complete atpl theory on a disc, I picked it up on e-bay. It is from atlantic flight training and I think it is current.

But found scrolling through a pain.
I now have a paper mountain of the theory from my school so if you want it just pm me with an address and you are most welcome to it :O FOC :O

spittingimage
1st May 2008, 11:50
No scoffing from me either.

I would be very happy to oblige but the guy to whom I lent them never gave me them back ! On chasing this up I discovered they had been lent on to someone else up north in Leeds. :mad: Cost a minor fortune too.

Probably only God knows where they are now .. :rolleyes:

moona
1st May 2008, 13:37
Phil Crouchers book is spot on.

Or if you've got loads of free shelf space you could go on ebay and get the whole set of course manuals for bristol, oxford etc.

paco
1st May 2008, 15:25
"On this web site : http://www.wiljam.com/subjects.htm

It would be appreciated to make a donation as it is free and to the ATPL standards."

They ought to be free as there is a strong rumour that this is Atlantic's notes rebadged.

Phil

Rugbyears
1st May 2008, 17:10
Hmm donation.....I'm not too sure about that - I am unable to open any of the Chapter links – Error reported “Document does not exist”! That said, if this website worked, I don't see any valid reason why those who use this facility would refuse to make a donation. A useful mobile way of continuing studies.

Come on get it sorted!!!!

Pitch+Power
6th May 2008, 17:23
http://www.wiljam.com/index.htm

This is a good site I am finding.
Rather than a donation I bought the cd-rom, so I have that on my laptop if I am away from internet access.
So for just browsing the material, seems great.

I also picked up Phil Croucher's book on fleabay. For your use, don't get the latest edition though, as it's bout 4 times the price :cool:
Seems well written what I've browsed so far.