PDA

View Full Version : Oldest Australian Flight Attendant still flying

capt.cynical
1st May 2008, 07:31
OK, same deal as the oldest pilot pilot thread no names inititals and airline OK. real age or suspected real age and/or start date will do fine
Let the "Bitch Slaps" begin.

Howard Hughes
1st May 2008, 07:33
Your wife perhaps?;)

john_tullamarine
1st May 2008, 07:37
Not quite on topic .. but I can recall when I were but a young lad, MC who was #2 (?) ticket holder at AN and the terror of pilots at the time .. took me under her ample wing and mothered me wonderfully. Actually, I used to think that any hostie under the age of whatever .. wasn't worth having a drink with on overnights. Girls such as CM, et al were absolutely wonderful folk. There were probably about a dozen or so of the "old boilers" whom we treasured on the aircraft and overnights.

Lasiorhinus
1st May 2008, 07:38
I think they all work for a certain American carrier with grey aeroplanes...

Aussie
1st May 2008, 07:46
I think he wants Aussie, not US FA's!

Lasiorhinus
1st May 2008, 07:57
Oh, my mistake :ok:

seatedandsecured
1st May 2008, 14:25
one in Bne SH base about to clock up 40 years and she wasnt 20 when she started but still looks great and still loves her job

Capt Wally
1st May 2008, 14:29
I wish Reg was around to let us all know the answer to this Q, has the water 'boiled' as yet?:E

CW

john_tullamarine
2nd May 2008, 00:31
MC was always absolutely lovely to me ... guess you never got to appreciate having a meal and beer/wine with real women, then ?

I suppose that we really shouldn't retell the young girl tale of RH and the "one for you .. one for you" ... Ron generally cut through the waffle with a sharp knife.

Jabawocky
2nd May 2008, 01:59
Come on JT

a good story can only get better with time;)

J:ok:

Torres
2nd May 2008, 02:33
Is that larikin Annie still with Sunnies up north? A true gem of aviation - and the best source I ever knew of for free booze!!! :ok:

Buster Hyman
2nd May 2008, 02:46
Scary as MC was, she was always good to those of us in crewing. Knew the rules so we couldn't BS her, but when we were in the right, there was no argument...unlike some.

She also did the "trainer" duties at the annual footy match (aka Bitch slap) between the AN & QF FA's. If you didn't have a corked thigh before the rub down, she made sure you left with one!!!:eek:

john_tullamarine
2nd May 2008, 03:26
Come on JT

.. must have been my boyish charm ...

capt.cynical
2nd May 2008, 03:55
this thread is drifting a bit.

Anyone know of male or female F/A still flying who started in the sixties.

Green.Dog
2nd May 2008, 05:23
A few guys still flying in LH that started around '68.
Thats 1968 not 1868

Buster Hyman
2nd May 2008, 05:31
still flying who started in the sixties
Not sure about flying, but certainly still doing trips....

lowerlobe
2nd May 2008, 06:56
Not sure about flying, but certainly still doing trips....
....Buster
Did you mean trips or tricks:eek:

Buster Hyman
2nd May 2008, 09:09
I don't think the SQ girls are old enough to qualify for this thread Lobee.....:ooh::oh:

capt.cynical
2nd May 2008, 09:21
Buster & Lobee
Keep it above the navel please.

mingalababya
2nd May 2008, 14:06
A friend of mine is a female F/A with SQ at the age of 38. Now that's old by SQ standards!

Buster Hyman
2nd May 2008, 14:24
Sure, but what if they're doing a handstand???:confused:

The Voice
2nd May 2008, 20:09
I've got a cousin who was flying way back when the evac's after cyclone Tracey were on, and is still so today .. she'd been wandering around the skies for a good few years by the time the evac's occurred ..

Shazz-zaam
4th May 2008, 12:37
There's a QFUK CSS, who was originally an ex SH Purser who transferred over to LH back in 92, when we merged with Australian Airlines.

She had her 40th year of service over a year ago, published in the Qantas News if I remember correctly.

She's a fantastic lady, very dedicated and works very very hard.

Technically speaking, she doesn't live in Oz, so I suppose she doesn't qualify.

ANCaptain
5th May 2008, 03:40
F%*^*)g :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: MC don't talk to me about her !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was having a nice day till I read this thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was flying MEL-BNE-CNS.... I arranged for a mate of mine (a Capt. with another airline) to sit in the j/s, (this was back in the days when the Capt still had complete control of the j/s and before GM sorta took control of it).... MEL-BNE fine..... then MC got on in Brissy..... well she made a fuss when he got to the door....he was holding a boarding pass that said J/S...... she demanded to see his Ansett id, and when he didn't have it she told him he couldn't sit in the j/s.....then she opened the flight deck door an started on me!!

Lets just say he sat in the j/s and we didn't see her for the entire sector!!

indamiddle
5th May 2008, 03:54
ex #2 in oz who moved to lhr base has put in her notice. was ex line manager TN
is about 65
hi buster, MC did do a mean massage at the annual footy match, think i still have
a few corkies left from her efforts.
LC melbourne s/h must be getting close to oldest...at least she looks it!

john_tullamarine
5th May 2008, 04:23
I was having a nice day till I read this thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.. she did manage to irritate some people along the way ...

How about CM, though ? .. you couldn't have a complaint there ? or GB, the S sisters, CR, the list of wonderful, more mature hosties, just goes on and on ...

GalleyHag
5th May 2008, 12:24
Torres

Yes she is still flying now with Qantas mainline. She is such a hard worker and a lot of fun to fly with.

Torres
5th May 2008, 21:46
GalleyHag. I glad Annie is still around - she really is one of the best! :ok: