PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interline and current basing opportunities

despegue
1st May 2008, 07:31
Does FR provide Interline agreements (ID90 etc.) tickets with other airlines?

Which bases on the Continent are normally available (looking for a German/Belgian base)

Thanks!

The Real Slim Shady
1st May 2008, 08:32
Interline is only available via Touchdown but staff travel on the route network is limited only by your own need to use it.

All bases are, technically, up for grabs: a new joiner will get a choice of 3 but if the company has an over-riding need to crew a new base the chance are that you will be sent there. Transfer elsewhere is via a bid system: if you bid to move, say from ALC to STN, and the bid is accepted you have to move, there is no turning it down. Stops speculative bidding.

The Big Easy
1st May 2008, 08:59
Off the thread I know. I'm presently flying the Airbus, is there a way into Ryanair without a 737 rating?

tbe.

Flaps5speed180
1st May 2008, 14:27
The Big Easy, I've just had a quick look at the FR website and it currently states that if you don't have a type rating then you will need to acquire one at you own cost through one of their training partners.

Check out ryanair.com and click on careers, all the info you need is there.

Hope that helps.:ok:

The Real Slim Shady
3rd May 2008, 12:16
Bear in mind though that the market is dynamic and the situation does change regularly.

rubik101
5th May 2008, 16:55
Bigeasy, why on earth would you want to move from Easy to Ryanair? It is, at the most generous viewpoint, a sideways move. Some, perhaps many, would say it is a retrograde step.
My advice, for what it is worth, is that if you change jobs in this industry, it is best, in my experience, to try a step upwards!

Jetsurf
10th May 2008, 22:24
Back to the original question.
Is it true that even when awarded a base, there is no long term guarantee? I have heard that the company has the authority to move anyone involuntarily with just a 30 day notice. Any truth to that?
How does the bidding system work?
Is it seniority based, availability only, first come first serve?
When an opening is created, how is it filled, if more than one request is pending?
Thank you. :)

captplaystation
11th May 2008, 16:40
In a totally random non-transparent manner, and no I am not joking or exagerating that is the way it is.
Some guys are lucky and get what they want, sometimes "suspiciously" fast, others wait years, run out of patience and leave.
All true I'm afraid.
However, when you are at a base, in practice you are left alone, unless the base were to shrink or close. Also, when you come up for command, if you are co-jo, you have no "grandfather rights" and could end up having to move unless your base is expanding/ someone else is moving/ you speak to the powers that be when they are having a good day.
All rather random, as many will testify, I personally was very lucky, but I know many for whom the coin fell on the other face too..

Jetsurf
12th May 2008, 16:43
At initial contract signing I pick three bases, correct?
I could however be assigned anywhere!!!
Could I wait for my choices to come up?
If I am at my desired base and upgrade is available elsewhere, do I have to take it?
Can I bid to upgrade in particular domiciles only?
It all seems quite random, like you said. Anything is negotiable if they need you.
I have heard of a direct entry captain, who negotiated into his contract a clause that he would ONLY be assigned "Mediterranean" bases!
(France, Italy, Spain or Greece potentially)
Or he is out... :D
They are sometimes willing to jump over hoops for high time, current, NG captains.
Ohhh the power of leverage...

Thank you very much for your reply. :ok:

captplaystation
24th May 2008, 10:43
Sorry not been on here in a while
Answers 1-yes 2 yes 3 no 4 no 5 yes but you have no way to know how long you would have to wait.
Find it very difficult to believe someone got a clause like that in a contract, and anyway they would only honour it if it suited them.
Some IRE/TRE high time guys have walked straight into what they wanted, but they upgrade so quickly these days ( for all positions up to and including IRE/TRE) that new guys coming in might not have the leverage to "negotiate" that they believe they have.
It relly does depend on what day you speak to them and their mood on the day, some get what they want on the day, others wait years and get nothing they want.
It has to be said however, that your attitude and personality can play a big part here.

AKSF
28th May 2008, 16:55
Does anyone have a list of available bases?