PDA

View Full Version : Casa 01

WannaBeBiggles
1st May 2008, 05:04
Hi All

I was driving along the Western Freeway in Brissie yesterday and was a nice new Lexus RX 4WD with the licence plates CASA 01. Now unless someone has a business with the same name or an unfortunate name (with two middle inititals) I'm guessing this is a CASA vehicle...

If this indeed is the case, I guess it's a perfect example of where our hard earned $$$ go in medical, licence, asic fees and charges etc :ugh:

On a funny (read: ironic) side note, the said vehicle did try to cut me off on a merge lane and then sped past me at ~110-120 km/h in a 90 zone!:*

Capt Wally
1st May 2008, 05:24
hello my name is 'speedy Gonzalos', I'm from CASA & I'm here to help you!:E....or could be that this CASA guy had just witnessed a plane doing the wrong thing & was racing off to start the process of further wasting tax payers money as we have seen recently at YMLT!:bored:
CASA is but just a tiny part of the waste of tax payers money (if it was indeed them) If it was a drivers actual name then he can sell it to CASA & make a huge profit!:bored:

CW

rotaryman
1st May 2008, 05:27
Oh!!!
no one from the Kestapo would want to advertise the fact they get paid from the CASA? Then again we are talking CASA...ha ha ha ha ha:eek:

gaunty
1st May 2008, 07:09
Try googling CASA on the Australian site and see what you get.

I'll think you'll find plenty of businesses with that acronym or abreviation.

One of them is a pool table company in Perth.

And CASA is I think means house or home in most latin based languages.

Stationair8
1st May 2008, 07:26
New CASA flying squad set up to catch out shifty private pilots, dodgy characters like FTDK etc.

They were going to use aircraft but due to OH&S considerations, budgetry constraints and a need to increase revenue at CPI plus 75% per annum. By using a car you can stop off and have a latte for morning tea, nice pub lunch and do a bit of shopping on the way home and you can also use the car on weekend to run the rug rats around, tow the boat and take some stuff to the tip

VH-XXX
1st May 2008, 09:59
I was thinking that if he did a burnout in said car it would be the only time I ever saw my taxes being spent on the road...

sprocket check
1st May 2008, 10:08
And CASA is I think means house or home in most latin based languages.

And in a language I am a little familiar with, it means piggy bank, 'cept it's spelt with a k. Does that count?

PyroTek
1st May 2008, 12:15
I seem to remember seeing the CASA 01 car about 2 weeks ago, caught my attention!
I never remembered to tell anyone about it

memory is bad, but wasn't the car Black, with a Black and White numberplate?

WannaBeBiggles
1st May 2008, 12:24
That's the one Dan :cool:

PyroTek
2nd May 2008, 13:54
mhm, with a number plate like that, it could be expected anyway! :p

Bendo
2nd May 2008, 14:29
... a kasa is no place to put your czechs! :=

flying-spike
3rd May 2008, 00:07
Relax ladies, I think you will find out it is a real estate agent.

PyroTek
3rd May 2008, 13:56
flying-spike: DON'T SAY THAT!.
it'll make all the people here lose their days excitement!