PDA

View Full Version : Incident @ Cuatro Vientos Madrid

mason
30th Apr 2008, 16:01
Hi anyone have any information on this training aircraft crash in Madrid yesterday ,which school is it?what happened ? two people dead a student and an instructor .I would like to express my condolences to family and friends also .

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_16285.shtml

despegue
30th Apr 2008, 17:20
Aeromadrid. Cessna 310.
From what I've been told, 2 POB, both instructors of which one was also an
Examiner and doing a check on the second one.
One of the pilots also flew for Clickair/Iberia.

My sincere condolences to all involved.

mason
30th Apr 2008, 17:27
cheers do you have any Idea at
this early stage what went wrong?

transilvana
4th May 2008, 00:33
nothing so far, looks engine trouble, they stalled and tried to avoid the highways full of cars. Always the same, many similar accidents in the same airport over the last years, many students killed.

mason
4th May 2008, 08:05
Have you any idea of how many accidents
there has been over the last while there ,
what do you assume is the major contributer to these accidents ?

AirNout
6th May 2008, 11:13
One FO of Clickair died in the crash and another was instructor, the plane was NOT from Aeromadrid, they don't fly Cessna 310 and I have known both pilots personally, but hired by the two person for a private flight! The only thing that is sure is the left engine was not runnig at the time of the crash...

danita
6th May 2008, 12:11
The cause of the crash is not clear yet, there had been some witnesses to the accident reporting malfunctioning of the left engine. Plane took off from Cuatro Vientos and after 40 minutes doing approach, crashed, only some meters away from the highway( heavy loaded with cars at that moment).
Aircraft ( private, hired for this check) had all technical papers in order, but some spanish papers published that some compulsory revision had been skipped ( because of the cost) and mechanics advised to the examiner not to fly with it. If this turn to be right...than at DGAC some heads will fall off...hopefully.
I can only speculate about the cause of the accident, aircraft was pretty old (1969) already involved in two incident previously...and...both pilots were really experienced ( examiner with 7000 hours)...
In last years, there had been several accidents in the area, (there is another private aerodrome nearby..Casarrubios)..but I donīt think we can generalize, because there had been both private pilots, instructor-student, and acrobatic pilots involved in these...
Airport is enclosed in urban area, surrounded by buildings, highways etc...so potentially any incident/ accident has probability to end up bad...just imagine in the same situation having a clear area arround ( field) to land ...or just try to do emergency landing..

Said that...my thoughts go out to the families...