PDA

View Full Version : Career progression with Licences?

Kengineer-130
30th Apr 2008, 14:23
I am currently looking into doing my B1 licences ( 9 years RAF experience on Hercs), and cat C licences have been mentioned quite a few times with regard to doing a course that includes a degree, as after 6 years B1 experience you can apply for a C licence?

What sort of salaries are you looking at with a C licence, compared to a B1? :ok:

Fargoo
30th Apr 2008, 14:58
I've got a C licence and it earns me absolutely nothing extra.
Just means you can certify final CRS after a base input , as far as i'm aware no one is paying extra for C licence holders.

EGT Redline
30th Apr 2008, 15:21
What sort of salaries are you looking at with a C licence, compared to a B1?Most Cat C certifiers releasing aircraft from base maintenance are also highly experienced B1/B2 LAE's. These "Group Leaders or Check Managers" receive extra salary for the positions they hold, not for the Cat C licence itself.

after 6 years B1 experience you can apply for a C licence?A B1/B2 licence holder meets the requirements for Cat C issue after exercising certification priveleges for a period of 3 years.

Vortechs Jenerator
30th Apr 2008, 19:21
I've got the C cert on all my types, used to be a check leader too for a previous company I think it earned me about a grand a year more than senior supes - really worth it.

The C license is only an admin responsibility - ensuring all the check cards are closed down and signed up IAW company (EASA) regs, it in no way mitigates the LAE's signing the CRS on hangar cards from their responsibilities or adds to your much.

It's no big deal what so ever, I rarely eat cornflakes but I'm sure it came with a packet at some point.

Sonic Bam
30th Apr 2008, 19:39
Get stuck into your B1. The C Licence will not get you in the door anywhere, B1 will.

Kengineer-130
2nd May 2008, 00:13
Interesting, a few people have been bandying round salaries over 100k with a C licence, is this mostly bow locks then? :{

Litebulbs
2nd May 2008, 01:18
Oh, I have got a C too. I can't wait to get back to work to exercise the privilege! Does it mean I can be a transit leader!

IFixPlanes
2nd May 2008, 06:01
...I've got a C licence and it earns me absolutely nothing extra. ...Sad, but true. :(

mazakari
2nd May 2008, 17:51
Not to steal the thread at all but I have a question about C licences.
I recently applied for the C licence, via my company QA department, taking note on the CAA application form to fill in my experience " relevant to the application ".
I had a call from my QA department recently saying I also needed to submit worksheets for the aircraft, and if I had my old AD300's from my initial type rating applications, for them to be sent too.
Now I am not questioning my QA department as such - they have set the hoops for me to jump through and if they are happy with my application, they will sign it and forward it on to the CAA but, is the fact I changed a wheel/engine/gearbox etc relevant to the C licence application ?? I have already submitted worksheets of this type to gain my Type Ratings - are they required for the C licence too ??
I thought that my experience with the paperwork, legislation and running of major inspections would have been more relevant to this application.

maz

Wrenchturner
2nd May 2008, 20:00
I am hoping that someone can give me some information about obtaining an EASA license. I have a Canadian M1 and M2 license, anyone have any links or contacts that might help me?

ericferret
3rd May 2008, 12:13
C licence pays £1000 where I am, but only to those using it.

Berten
3rd May 2008, 16:30
C licence pays £1000 where I am, but only to those using it.

Is this a month, what about taxes?

Storminnorm
3rd May 2008, 18:41
£1000 a month? For a C license? More like a decade mate!:rolleyes:

Vortechs Jenerator
3rd May 2008, 18:57
And to the guy who asks about C certs getting 100K per year - yes, it is bollox.

Heads of maintenance and engineering directers would be lucky to be on that in most airlines

Rigga
4th May 2008, 21:14
I knew a fully licensed (B1/C) contract engineer working as a Line boss in Germany on 95K a couple of years ago - so (if he is still there) I should think he may be on the ton by now.
He must be the exception to basic pay rules throughout the EU.

spannersatKL
5th May 2008, 08:17
Whats a 'career'.......get real no such thing!!!

Rigga
12th May 2008, 20:30
"Are either of you Australian by any chance?"

Nope, We're both Poms, Cobber!

Vortechs Jenerator
13th May 2008, 19:06
Rigga quoted

I knew a fully licensed (B1/C) contract engineer working as a Line boss in Germany on 95K a couple of years ago - so (if he is still there) I should think he may be on the ton by now.
He must be the exception to basic pay rules throughout the EU.

I don't think he meant contracting.

Any conny LAE putting the hours in can pull that salary:ok:

A "C" cert is no use at all on the line and so I doubt you'd be payed a higher rate for it - it's for SMICRS following Base maint only.

Why would he be on more now too BTW, has the conny rate gone up in the last couple of years for LAE's?

All relevant questions.

I took the guy's question to be about salaried permanent positions. Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick?

ericferret
14th May 2008, 12:54
£1000 a year for the C certification.

Its just part of the licence package with extra money for types, extra cover e.g B2 e.t.c.

the dog74
22nd May 2008, 10:38
I have been waiting for some time now to see if EASA will convert an Aussie licence (mech) to a full B1,however i havn't heard a thing.Does anyone know different? Also lead to believe that there is a world wide shortage of LAME's especialy in EU.Is this true? or is someone pulling my chain?
Cheers

Pist n Broke
23rd May 2008, 08:21
EASA will not recognise any australian licence as yet. Until part 66 is ratified in Aus, and you have the new Aussie B1/B2 licence you will not be able to get any recognition.

PM me for more details if you need them....