PDA

View Full Version : initial Twin Rating

Bigglesx
30th Apr 2008, 00:52
G'day all, any opinions on intital twin rating in regards to following through with a couple of extra hours on to get an endorsement on type? I am planning on doing the rating in an Aztec, the endorsement might look good in the book I guess, but am I going to use it? :yuk:

Mr Milk
30th Apr 2008, 06:55
Aztec is a mighty fine ship mate. been around for 40+ years and still around in good numbers. Built to airline standard and fully corrosion proofed. Not saying they dont have their problems but i'd rather have an aztec endo than a dutchie or a seminole- what would you do with one of them?

apache
30th Apr 2008, 09:11
what would you do with an Aztec endorsement though ? not too many of them on the register any more, and to pvt hire one would be a nightmare.

kalavo
30th Apr 2008, 10:53
Baron endorsement would probably be more useful and not too bad for an initial twin :)

campin_hobo
30th Apr 2008, 11:29
Haven't flown a Baron yet, but my initial was on a Seneca V. Was great fun, but haven't really looked for any jobs on the type.

Capt Wally
30th Apr 2008, 23:53
Defintely a twin rating that will serve you well latter on with regards to future emplyment. Forget the Aztruck, great plane but a Dinasaur (they all are really but that's the daddy of 'em). If you go down the path of an instructor rating latter then onto a GR1 multi training rating stick with the tried & proven, Seminole, Dutchy, also both old but still a good learning platform & still used for all sorts of missions.

good luck

CW

john_tullamarine
1st May 2008, 00:13
Built to airline standard

your comment was made tongue-in-cheek, I trust ?

Queenslander
1st May 2008, 02:16
Nothing wrong with the Aztec, good stable platform to train on for your Initial Twin Rating.

I believe Sunland Aviation have one at Archerfield.

Queenslander

Pinky the pilot
1st May 2008, 06:33
I did my initial M/E rating in a Seneca 1.:eek: seemingly another lifetime ago!

One of the arguments for it was that if you can fly a Seneca 1, you can fly anything!!:}

Agree with kalavo re the Baron.:ok:

FO Cokebottle
1st May 2008, 12:33
:bored:

Maybe go all the way....B777

Seems to be the logical extension for the newly qualified fully-intergrated ($100K) VFR CPL pilot looking for the promised first job flying a jet.

Tongue in cheek guys.....:cool:

Islander Jock
1st May 2008, 12:46
The Aztruck is a great plane to fly but as Apache said, not too many around any more. Probably just as well eh Apache after my little visit to the Gutta a few years back? ;)

I did my initial twin in a Seminole and sure its fairly ordinary in terms of performance and capacity etc but a good trainer if you haven't flown twins before. I remember my instructor showing me the primary and secondary effect of yaw followed by roll if you don't keep the thing going in a relatively straight line. Don't know how you would go practicing those type of maneuvers in a Baron. When I did my Baron endorsement I recall the stall recovery exercise akin to a ride on a big dipper. :eek::eek::eek: