PDA

View Full Version : Airlines vs Corporate????

buck2rogers69
29th Apr 2008, 23:58
So what do some of you think of this, Corporate vs Airlines, funny we dont see any guys unhappy in our country that have good corporate jobs, (Not crap ones) ie the likes of the Pick 'n Pay, Pezula, Sahara, Anglo and ExecuJet?? Ones were the boss treats you well, and looks after you.

They seem well paid, while some slug it out backwards and forwards for little reward and a whole lot of Fatigue??

trubru
30th Apr 2008, 06:04
And then your boss sells the jet....

nugpot
30th Apr 2008, 06:25
I prefer a monthly roster and sleeping at home. My corporate days were fun, but I don't miss them at all.

Lifes-a-Beech
30th Apr 2008, 08:17
Just because they don't look unhappy, it doesn't mean that they aren't! Corporate is a dog-eat-dog world, trust me its often happier in deepest darkest africa doing contract work.

cavortingcheetah
2nd May 2008, 03:12
:hmm:

Can't answer the original question other than with an example.
Used to know a chap who flew a Challenger for a, or so it was rumoured, fairly unpleasant little South African tradesman type rich man.
Met the pilot one time at Hyde Park shopping centre.
He had flown the little man in that morning from London.
Asked him how long her was going to be in the country.
He hadn't a clue, more or less on twenty four hour standby.
No FTL scheme, no personal life and the pay was not so lucrative that he could afford to fly and save for a few years and then chuck it in and move onwards.
It would perhaps be interesting to hear from others who might know, what the global ramifications are in trying to move from jet corporate work into airline operations. Always thought that was a bit tricky but could possibly be wrong.
Neither airline nor corporate are probably any more secure than the other. But one suspects that security of corporate work is more in danger of exposure to human frailties of character in one other person than airline.
So what then is a good corporate job? Why it must surely be one where you fly for an educated, generous and indulgent man, who has two nymphomaniac daughters who dote on pilots, where you earn twice as much as you need to live whilst affording you the time to sleep off that on which you have so ill adviseadle spent it?:cool: