PDA

View Full Version : Ethiopian Airlines

ugflyer
29th Apr 2008, 22:22
Greetings gentlemen....and ladies if there are any?
Well, my question is simple.....is Ethiopian hiring and are they open to foreign nationals?
I have a job that is paying me okay here in the US flying no less than 70hrs a month, but I thought something different would be appealing.
I also heard their pay sucks.....anyone care to give some insight into this. And where do I send my resume if they were to consider me?

Thanks guys:ouch:

ETStar
30th Apr 2008, 03:16
http://www.ethiopianairlines.com/jobs/default.aspx

mkenya
30th Apr 2008, 06:53
Read not so many years back they were paying their drivers less than 1000 US Dollars, only better than air cubana.
But I believe with the many opportunities things should be better

johan_jnb
1st May 2008, 11:59
less than 1k p/month...:eek:

not so sure about that... ET's got some top notch training facilities, good ground school - so if they paid :mad: then i'm sure they would have had every graduate class knocking on the DXB or AUH doors...

justacowboy
1st May 2008, 15:06
For Expat captains on the 767 the pay is 7000usd a month, 60usd a day per diem while in Addis Ababa, 1250usd a month for housing, a commute sked 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

JTrain
1st May 2008, 17:17
Thats still mediocre by 767 commuting contract Captain standards.

You can make almost as much if not more flying a 1900 for most of the South African contract companies, and with better quality of life.

ugflyer
1st May 2008, 22:36
Well, in not too long I will know how much they are willing to offer me. I spoke to a former ET 737-700 F/O and he said pay is commensurate with experience. And foreign nationals have a seperate pay scale.....
Just trying to get as much info before I pack up and jump across the pond.......gotta think about my family too. Would hate to drag em to a place that does not offer much.....:ugh:

phx767
2nd May 2008, 17:02
For Expat captains on the 767 the pay is 7000usd a month, 60usd a day per diem while in Addis Ababa, 1250usd a month for housing, a commute sked 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

This is exactly what I got offered yesterday. I do not think it is worth it for many reasons. They need to up the ante quite a bit.