PDA

View Full Version : A340 in DUB

SpringHeeledJack
29th Apr 2008, 21:59
Just a curious ppruner who saw said A340 at SR Tecnics the other day in DUB and was wondering to whom it belongs. Golden eagle type insignia on a blue tail. I thought that it might have been Gulfair, but the colour scheme was wrong. One of the engineers from SR thought that it was a private jet, but that seemed unlikely with the colour scheme which looked too much like an airline.

Anyone in the know ?

Thanks

SHJ

TUGNBAR
29th Apr 2008, 22:21
Was it this one!!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled-(National-Air/Airbus-A340-642X/1237993

SpringHeeledJack
29th Apr 2008, 22:36
You know what ? I think that it could well be! The plane is/was sitting at a shallow angle, so i couldn't see all of it. I'm wondering where i got the blue tail from ??? Perhaps it was the A330/767 that was sitting to the side of it that had the blue tail, again with an arabic-ish tail.

regards

SHJ

SpringHeeledJack
30th Apr 2008, 09:12
TUGNBAR confirmed! That was the one, however the 'other' aircraft next to it was the one with the dark blue tail and a larger gold falcon/eagle/whatever on it, different to the smaller one of the SAAD Group to whom the 340 seemingly belongs.

So! Anyone want to enlighten me as to what the other one 330/767 is ? ;)

Regards

SHJ

apaddyinuk
30th Apr 2008, 19:50
Indeed that A340-600 has been at dublin for at least 6 weeks or so now. As it is a Saudi Arabian aircraft I reckon it will be a frequent visitor at Dublin as the SR Technics facility is now owned by the Saudis. Also there are still a few Gulf Traveller 767's making an appearance around the hanger apron!!!

SpringHeeledJack
30th Apr 2008, 20:46
apaddyinuk

That's my little mystery solved, the other one is indeed a Gulf Traveller 767, confirmed by a photo on the net. buíochas, go raibh maith agat!

Thread drift, I remember years ago the connie N7777G that was sat forlornley in the same area for a good while, anyone else ?

Regards

SHJ

irishair2001
3rd May 2008, 04:42
:ok:Yes I remember the Connie N777G that sat there for years,I think Aces High eventually acquired it,Does any one rember the Bahamas World or the Nigerian 707s that languished at Dublin for so long.