PDA

View Full Version : vialations

RPWarden
29th Apr 2008, 19:35
Hi
can someone tell me how I should alert authorities to violations without losing my Job. I have become aware of illegal mods of college aircraft from fitting engineer training aids to aircraft and replacing seat webbing with alminium plates. is it allowed to fit locally manufactured seat covers and change the method of arrachment? If this is all true what else has been done to get aircraft in the air?

N1 Vibes
30th Apr 2008, 02:02
CHIRP is where you need to go if you are certain/unsure. An independent confidential reproting programme for pilots, engineers, cabin crew etc. Find their website here:

http://www.chirp.co.uk/

Taken from their website FYI:

About CHIRP
CHIRP for Aviation = Confidential Human Factors Incident Reporting Programme
CHIRP for Maritime = Confidential Hazardous Incident Reporting Programme

The aim of CHIRP is to contribute to the enhancement of aviation and maritime safety in the UK, by providing a totally independent confidential (not anonymous) reporting system for all individuals employed in or associated with these industries.

CHIRP has been in operation for aviation since 1982. In 1996 the Programme was restructured in the form of a charitable company limited by guarantee to enable it to make a more effective contribution to the resolution of important safety-related issues. This corporate structure was selected in order to provide a totally independent organisation, with management and fiscal responsibilities held by an Independent Board of Trustees. The maritime programme has been operating since July 2003.

CHIRP welcomes safety-related reports from flight crew, air traffic control officers, licensed aircraft maintenance engineers, cabin crew and the General Aviation community and people in the maritime sector, including the shipping industry, fishing industry and leisure users.

Reporters' identities are kept confidential. Personal details are not retained and are returned to the reporter or destroyed on closure of their report. The information provided is made available, with the approval of the reporter, and in a disidentified form to those who can take action to remedy the problem. Important information gained through reports, after being disidentified, is also made as widely as possible, principally through the publications Air Transport FEEDBACK, General Aviation FEEDBACK, Cabin Crew FEEDBACK and Maritime FEEDBACK with the aim of improving safety. standards.

The CHIRP aviation programme complements the Civil Aviation Authority Mandatory Occurrence Reporting scheme. Both aviation and maritime programmes also complement other formal reporting systems operated by many UK organisations, by providing a means by which individuals are able to raise issues of concern without being identified to their peer group, management, or the Regulatory Authority. Anonymous reports are not normally acted upon as they cannot be validated.

Best Regards,

N1 Vibes

RPWarden
30th Apr 2008, 03:25
Hi

Sorry Im in the middle east. wow now as i start watching aircraft are being singed off without leaving the office. it gets worse each time i see it. I have never heard of a QCAA inspector looking at aircraft just checking paperwork is that right or are inspectors not engineers?

LME (GOD)
30th Apr 2008, 11:22
it's quite possible for a letter check to be signed in the log book without that person doing any work on that aircraft. Generally signing the log book letter check means that the paperwork and taskcards have been correctly signed off and the logbook review is ok. Obviously this changes from compnay to company. Why not ask the person involved to explain it to you. If you make an unfounded complaint through ignorance you won't raise your popularity stakes. Noone minds questions being asked in the pursuit of knowledge!!

RPWarden
30th Apr 2008, 12:13
I take you point. We have to fly these aircraft it just seem strange to us that the person signing task card and log book does not see the aircraft. it would not be appropriate to ask engineers look after each other.:ugh:

RPWarden
23rd May 2008, 20:47
I got it wrong us pilot instructors have it made here. talking to the techies they have to teach subjects even if they failed that exam and if you teach something not on your license they just backdate the change?

mafibacon
23rd May 2008, 23:32
RPWARDEN.
Fitting unapproved or modified parts to an aircraft is, of course, a 'No, No'.
From your posts, I would hazard a guess that you are in Jordan - Aqaba?
If so, why not contact the CARC direct at [email protected] - Mr I. Addassi and give him the full details - he is not influenced by wasta!
MB

RPWarden
6th Aug 2008, 08:33
Whats that I here? Hangar manager no more contract!!!!!!!!
hope that means there is some one looking into these modifications.
also here if instructors giving up the fight and leaving....

NutLoose
6th Aug 2008, 15:20
Have you lost your job over this? :uhoh: that just sucks if you have :(