PDA

View Full Version : Vista "unidentified network" problem

Shaft109
29th Apr 2008, 16:08
I've just had this jem come up on my Vista PC. Luckily my Mac and XP laptop continue to use the same router flawlessly so I can access the internet and continue to function.

Now I'm not going to list the output from the command prompt ipconfig/all or waffle on but If you've had this problem (if you know what I'm talking about you will know the frustration!!!) there must be a simple solution that can help. At this stage I'm losing the will to live with this problem, and have tried every forum going to get to the bottom of this.

Also how can I use command prompt to get rid of everything Norton / Symantec related from the machine. Uninstall doesn't seem to shift it, and I think the two things are related.

Sorry for the lack of detail or time on this post, but computers p!ss me off!!!!

Shaft109
29th Apr 2008, 18:57
Google
Vista unidentified network problems.:)

watch the 2,240,000 hits come up.:ooh:

begin 2 days of messing about.:ugh:

OK basically I found my problem revolved around remnants of norton/symantec trialware that I couldn't remove using uninstaller so download the tool from the Symantec web, when complete do the same with zonealarm firewall and restart with normal firewall in place.

It seems there are a number of small bugs especially regarding DHCP and routers, and NIC cards in Vista. It's a case of step by frustrating step until you get there.:D

NotTheOrganGrinder
29th Apr 2008, 20:59
I have a 100% guaranteed fix for the problem, has worked for me flawlessly.

Upgrade to Windows XP :O

Shaft109
30th Apr 2008, 12:28
Well for me i'm staying with Mac. (and XP for that matter!) Vista still needs work it seems!