PDA

View Full Version : Single IFR to Multi IFR

elcap
29th Apr 2008, 05:10
I use to hold a Multi Command Instrument Rating, but now days I only hold a Single Engine Command Instrument Rating. What would be required to go from A Single to Multi Rating again? Just sit a MECIR flight test?

desmotronic
29th Apr 2008, 05:13
If your m/e rating has been expired more than 12 months you will need to do same test as for initial rating issue.

ForkTailedDrKiller
29th Apr 2008, 05:40
If your m/e rating has been expired more than 12 months you will need to do same test as for initial rating issue

I don't believe that is so! Its only the ME bit of his IR that is not current!

elcap

I have been in a similar position to you. For the last couple of years I have only renewed to SEIR as I do 99.9% of my flying in the Bonanza and have no reason to bother with ME at the moment.

If your SEIR is current ( or if you do a SEIR renewal) you should only be required to do the following additionally in a multi-engined aircraft:

1) EFATO (Edit: Engine Failure After Take-off - under the hood, obviously)
2) Asymmetric approach (or engine failure in the approach) and missed approach - on one aid only!

I guess if they want to really give you a workout you might be asked to demonstrate asymmetric circling once visual.

Dr :8

PS: Sorry - I can't give you references for the above - but talk to an experienced IR instructor who is not just interested in relieving you of as much cash as possible.

elcap
29th Apr 2008, 05:43
FTDK. That sounds alot easier. Im in the same boat as you only flying single ifr so didn't bother renewing the whole multi thing.

For the dumb such as myself what is EFATO?

Anyone know of a reference for this?

Cheers El

Jabawocky
29th Apr 2008, 05:54
you have held an MECIR and have not heard of that acronym:{

Lets just say in a twin its about the worst thing to have to deal with After Take Off

J:ok:

elcap
29th Apr 2008, 06:08
ahhh yes got it now. Assuming its got something to do with the spinny things.

Bevan666
29th Apr 2008, 06:24
My initial was done in a twin, which I kept current for a few years, then just did my renewal in a single, and then back to twin for a few years, and now back to single again.

Just do your next renewal in the twin to renew your MECIR.

Bevan..

Clearedtoreenter
29th Apr 2008, 10:08
Just turn up for the test in a twin - and be ready to do the assymetric bits.

Capt Wally
29th Apr 2008, 11:04
...ahhhh come on jaba & Dr ya left me out of this conversation. I am devistated:bored::bored:

CW:E

Howard Hughes
29th Apr 2008, 11:15
What is SEIR? Is that what PC-12 pilots have?:p

Capt Wally
29th Apr 2008, 11:18
hahaha "HH", what's new up there?
All's well?

SEIFR .........ooooooooooohhh that gives me a shiver !..hey Dr:8:ok:

CW

Howard Hughes
29th Apr 2008, 11:22
All is well in the land of no PC-12's, did a quick 6 sectors today!:eek:

How is it in KFC box land?;)

Capt Wally
29th Apr 2008, 11:31
6 sectors??? geeeeeeeeeez HH you'll be up for a medal, more then 3 is just too much for this old fella & that for us could be a total of 1.2 hrs !
Phew 350 hrs per year we are doing, never worked so hard in my life !:E

KFC still savin' da world, as long as it's after dark where we don't get laughed at!:ok:

Cw

p.s................btw way HH wash yr mouth out, saying PC12's in the same sentence as proper flying!:bored::E

Jabawocky
29th Apr 2008, 11:31
Wally

We were trying to protect you from a nervous breakdown:E

Howard Hughes
29th Apr 2008, 11:33
Cough, cough, splutter, splutter...(washes mouth out)

Average hours here around 450-500, with the top being around 520!

I always thought the 'retirement village' was Launy!;)

Capt Wally
29th Apr 2008, 11:43
'HH' I was at Launy last night & believe me they get flogged !!! One plane, one pilot ( at a time) & they can fly all night, even coming over to the mainland a couple of times in a night. EN is the retirement village:)

'jaba' again yr thinking of me, gunna have to have a chat to yr dad the Dr:8 about you buddy:E

CW

Capt Fathom
29th Apr 2008, 13:31
The usual thread hijack by FTDK, Jaba, and Wally. :ugh:

The question again Elcap?

hurlingham
29th Apr 2008, 19:47
Elcap

Was a few years ago but when I went from SECIR to MECIR it was exactly as the Doctor said.
You will only be valid MECIR to the same date your SECIR expires though

Capt Wally
29th Apr 2008, 23:00
hey 'CF' all ya gotta do mate is a few extra clicks & yr past us !:ok:

where's ys SOH mate?:bored:

CW

Jabawocky
30th Apr 2008, 02:02
Hey Capt Fathom

What do you mean??? Forkie gave hime the direct and correct answers in post no 3.

The rest is all good clean fun!

Capt Wally
30th Apr 2008, 02:39
4get it 'jaba', some don't see the 'F' in fun !:ok:

CW

ForkTailedDrKiller
30th Apr 2008, 07:14
The usual thread hijack by FTDK, Jaba, and Wally

Now, let me see! I hijacked this thread by providing a timely (20 min after the initial post), accurate (subsequently verified), polite answer to elcap's question.

Yes Captain F, you are right! It is just not good enough, is it? After all, this is D & G Aviation & Questions on Proooone!

Come on Mods - let try to maintain higher, er - should that be lower (?), standards in here!

Dr :8

Capt Wally
30th Apr 2008, 07:16
you tell 'em Dr:8:)

CW:ok: