PDA

View Full Version : Software on Mac Airbook

ad astra
28th Apr 2008, 22:18
Hi all,
my mother is thinking of an airbook, and moving from a Windows computer I was just wondering if it has the usual standard software; I know it has web stuff, but is there a word processor somewhere in the standard package? I have looked for this on the web but didn't find very much.
I was wondering if anyone had one too - any good?
Thanks.

Founder
28th Apr 2008, 23:53
Almost every application that you find on Windows is also available for mac os.

There is a standard word processor which is called Text Edit. It is far more advanced that you might think. Explore the features of it and you'll see that it'll do almost anything you need.

Great writing software etc are Pages from Apple. Regarding Email, music / music creation, photo softaware, video and dvd and everything else, is all included in the iLife package which is included in every mac.

Good Luck with the new computer, I've used Mac's since 2002 and they only get better every year.! I have 5 macs now and they all work great, never crashes never has any trouble at all...

planecrazy.eu
29th Apr 2008, 08:32
Well, even if the MAC software doesnt exist, you can dual load windows onto a MAC and use them indivudually or both at the same time...

So, the Mac can do all a Mac can do, and all a PC can do, plus Mac software is so more productive. I have used Mac Office (M$) At Uni, and its so easier to get better results, god knows why as they are more or less the same software package.

Great thing about the Air, the screen is amazing, Apple have been slated recently about the fact they dont support all the colours they claim, but the screens look amazing compared to other laptops, nice and bright and the colours look very good.