PDA

View Full Version : Private flight to the USA --> VISA

JB LFPN FLYER
28th Apr 2008, 10:37
Hello ,

I'm planning to fly to the USA from France this summer with some friends on a TBM700 and I would like to know which visa do I need and how to do to optain it ?

I am French with the latest electronic passport .

Does this visa allow me to do the same trip with an other A/C ?

How long does it last ?

Thank you very much for your help

Regards

Jean-Baptiste

scrivenger
28th Apr 2008, 11:51
Hope this is of help http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_1750.html alternatively contact the US embassy in Paris.

Bonne chance!

s

roljoe
28th Apr 2008, 15:55
Hi,

you could always submit your request to the french embassy site in the US..here >> http://www.info-france-usa.org/fr/partirusa/visastype.asp

They should be able to give you all available options

Bonne chance

JB LFPN FLYER
28th Apr 2008, 21:19
Thanks guys ,

I'm going to the US embassy in Paris in 2 days for a M1 Visa , I'll ask them on the same time how to proceed for the private flight and will make a report here .

May be usefull for futur reference .

Regards

JBB

flyingfemme
29th Apr 2008, 13:50
You need a B1/B2 visa to enter the US on a private flight. They are valid for 10 years. Gather your information before your interview because they don't like to hand out visas these days. You have to point out (firmly) that you will be travelling on something other than a recognised airline.

Mal_206
29th Apr 2008, 22:07
I learn 2 hours ago that visa requirments in the USA are different between Commercial and private flights.

As far as I understood a Brit Passport doesn't require a visa, but because we on a private flight, apparently you do!

So $545 later, they gave the visa!

flyingfemme
30th Apr 2008, 07:57
As far as I understood a Brit Passport doesn't require a visa, but because we on a private flight, apparently you do!

Actually the situation for the US never changed - everyone requires a visa.

What they did was introduce a "Visa waiver" program under certain circumstances; defined passports, travel on an approved airline and a roundtrip ticket.

Try flying with BA on a one-way ticket and you will be told that you need a visa. Private aircraft are not "approved" for the program.