PDA

View Full Version : Letter Of Intent

Maloo
28th Apr 2008, 01:44
Hi all,

I am just wondering how the QF letter of intent is received these days. Is it sent via the post or as an email?

Thanks in advance,

Maloo

oldschooljenko
28th Apr 2008, 04:50
Hey dude, mine came in the mail

MaxHelixAngle
28th Apr 2008, 07:34
Also recieved the LoI via mail, about a week after the interview / sim.

Has anyone got the call up for a June start yet?

Keg, Any news on the recruitment front that you can share?

Does anyone know why there appears to be inconsistancy with the timing of reference checking? Some candidates references get called immediately after their interview and others not for a few months.

Not complaining being in the position that I am, however it is slightly frustrating being left in the dark, waiting for a phone call, uncertain about the future.

Cheers,
MHA

MaxHelixAngle
29th Apr 2008, 01:01
Back to the top in the hope that someone can help.

Keg
29th Apr 2008, 06:00
There's been no advertised change to the recruiting plan for the next 12 months. Still looking at 100 plus S/Os.....and we need them sooner rather than later!

Route-me
29th Apr 2008, 06:43
hey KEG, how long does one wait after theyve sent their initial application before they receive invitation to stage 2 :ok: the waiting is giving me the ****s!

but i am impatient

Poto
29th Apr 2008, 08:34
recruitment and training plan changes on a daily basis. Some new starts on the 330 are now off to the 380 with the waiting time in the middle.:zzz: various elements are influencing the processes at the moment.

relax:ok:

Keg
29th Apr 2008, 09:28
route_me, to be honest I have no idea about those kinds of things. I do know that the recruiting guys and gals are working very hard.

Dragun
29th Apr 2008, 10:17
MHA

I did my sim/interview exactly 4 weeks ago and had my references checked just over a week ago. Absolutely no word in the form of phone calls, letters or email yet however. No idea why they're checking some peoples references and not others. A guy who did it on the same day as me got his LOI a week later so there seems to be no uniformity. The only thing I know is that it's a long hard wait.

Hoping to find out soon so I can let Keg know. I did promise to after all his help ;)

MaxHelixAngle
29th Apr 2008, 10:25
Thanks Keg, Poto and Dragun.

Hopefully the nail biting will end in the near future. :ok:

MHA

Horatio Leafblower
29th Apr 2008, 10:31
Seems to me that applicants are still given a score and ranked, as they used to be.

Would it be fair to say that your referees are checked, and LOIs sent, in accordance with your score/rank in the pool of candidates?

Regardless T and B ARE working very hard and the recruitment process seems a little more candidate friendly these days

Good luck lads (and ladettes)

Brown Cow
18th May 2008, 07:17
Has anyone received start dates lately?