PDA

View Full Version : CPL Nav question

Masif Eego
27th Apr 2008, 23:07
A question regarding the CPL Nav exam, if someone can help me ????

Passed the 5 CPL subjects many many years ago, but never did the flight test, boy do I regret it now !!!

Anyway have resat them, and now just one to do...Nav. I seem to remember from years gone by there were questions on CP's and PNR's. Is this still the case ??

The new nav book I have (ATC) has nothing on CP's or PNR's

Thanks in advance
Cheers
ME

airman1
28th Apr 2008, 00:04
Masif Eego,

from memory no PNRs or CPs in CPL Nav, thats all in CPL Performance :ok:

Good luck with the exam

rep
28th Apr 2008, 00:12
its easy

know your 1 in 60's and vor/ndb errors

kingRB
28th Apr 2008, 00:12
just out of interest, why are you sitting them again?

I am in a similar situation - I passed my CPL exams a good 9/10 years ago, yet have not yet got the hours or sat the flight test.

Just recently when I have started flying again, I enquired as to where I stand with the theory stuff I have passed. So far CASA and my flying school have both said once you have passed the theory side it is not "grandfathered" at all - ie, there is no time limit on when you pass the flying side of things. So no need to sit them again.

Only the ATPL subjects I passed (5 of 7) will all need to be redone as they were not all completed within a 3 year period.

Masif Eego
28th Apr 2008, 00:39
Thanks to all who replied,

Wow, did CPL Perf last week, there were a couple of really basic PNR and CP questions but thought they were in there to throw me off.....

KingRB - I did my CPL and a couple of SCPL subjects about 18yrs ago. I rang CASA about them but unfortunately I can't use them as credits because I didn't get the license and the so called "3 year rule"

Initially I thought doing them again would be a real pain in the a$$, but I can honestly say I've enjoyed the challenge again.
Good luck and hope all goes well for you :ok:

Thanks again to you guys
ME

kingRB
28th Apr 2008, 01:08
ah ok....

well I have the exam results with KDR - and have been assured that if all subjects have been completed and you are awarded a pass for that particular licence, you dont need to sit them again. Maybe I need to speak with a flight examination officer to 100% confirm that one....

ATPL was different as I didnt pass them all at the time.

I will enjoy getting back into the ATPL theory though, as i've forgotten all the finer detail of it now - it will be a good refresher to help tie in the practical side of flying with theory.

Good luck with your last exam anyway :ok:

flog
28th Apr 2008, 01:44
Hi all,

I'm in the same situation as kingRB and have confirmed with everyone I can (CASA, an ATO, the CFI of the school and the Grade 1 I'm flying with) that once you've passed the CPL exams you do NOT need to sit them again to get your license.

You still have to show you're up to speed on all your KDR's and I'm sure during the test that the ATO will be able to spot any dangerous lack of knowledge if you've forgotten anything important, but nothing says you have to sit them again.

Cheers,
Flog.

kingRB
28th Apr 2008, 23:09
Hi all,

I'm in the same situation as kingRB and have confirmed with everyone I can (CASA, an ATO, the CFI of the school and the Grade 1 I'm flying with) that once you've passed the CPL exams you do NOT need to sit them again to get your license.

You still have to show you're up to speed on all your KDR's and I'm sure during the test that the ATO will be able to spot any dangerous lack of knowledge if you've forgotten anything important, but nothing says you have to sit them again.

Cheers,
Flog.

ah cheers for that Flog - thats reassuring you've been told that aswell.

Same as you, only thing they did mention was I will get grilled on the KDR's at the time of flight test.

No probs there :)