PDA

View Full Version : Off sick for over 28 days - what to do??

Haul By Cable
27th Apr 2008, 21:56
Hi there,

I've done a search on this forum and CAA website but can't find the info regarding being unfit for duty for over 28 days.

Does anyone know what needs to be done to be legal for return to work? Crewing suggested I will need a Class 1 AME to sign me fit again.
Nothing too serious, injured knee not quite healed yet, still wincing driving :(

Thanks in advance, any info gratefully received.

Megaton
27th Apr 2008, 22:11
I've just been off for 28 days following a car crash. I spoke to our management and they directed me to the CAA who temporarily revoked my licence. To revalidate my licence I had to see an AME. Remember to ensure that the CAA receive details of your initial medical examination. My medical was delayed because, although they received my return to work medical, they hadn't received information on my original injury.

Haul By Cable
27th Apr 2008, 23:03
Nasty! I hope you were not hurt too badly?!

In what form were the "details of your initial medical examination"? Is it just a scribble from the GP that is required? Sounds like you had to get a medical from the AME to report you fit, get a copy of the original medical exam and then send them both off to the CAA before they declared you able to fly?

Excuse all the picky Qs I'm trying to see if I can get fit, do all the aforementioned steps and be completed in time for the sim next week!:confused:

Cheers!

AMEandPPL
28th Apr 2008, 00:03
can't find the info regarding being unfit for duty for over 28 days.

Look on the back of your current medical certificate. All the gen from JAR-FCL 3.040 (decrease in medical fitness) is there, along with what you should do about notifying the CAA of incapacity. You'll also see that the timescale specified there is 21 days, not 28.

Megaton
28th Apr 2008, 08:19
My GP summarized the notes from A & E into a letter and faxed them to the CAA which seemed to satisfy them.

Haul By Cable
28th Apr 2008, 08:23
Many thanks for all the replies/info guys! :ok: