PDA

View Full Version : QF to open a pilot base in Perth??

Ref + 10
27th Apr 2008, 21:49
Heard this the other day from a CSM. They mentioned 33 crews being based here. I am yet to read about this on another thread but wanted to know if this can be verified.

I assume that they are 73 crews so that the week long stints that are currently being done can be alleviated. Again, can this be verified by anyone out there?

Gin Jockey
27th Apr 2008, 22:52
Correct. B737 base in perth opening in December, 30-40 positions.

Skystar320
28th Apr 2008, 00:36
Because of basing 737's in Perth.......

on an offside note I wonder if these crew's will fly from Perth to BNE / SYD / MEL / ADL sectors? or would they be constrained to the north

Beg Tibs
28th Apr 2008, 01:04
The majority will be day trips out of Perth. Im assuming Adelaide, Darwin, Kalgoorlie, Karratha, Broome etc etc. A small amount of 2,3 and 4 day trips which I assume will be east coast flying with the Per-Cns sector to start.

Keg
28th Apr 2008, 03:58
767 Melbourne base also starting some time soon too.

higherplane
28th Apr 2008, 06:35
Any Qantas drivers out there hazard a guess as to how popular a Perth base would be within the company?

Green gorilla
28th Apr 2008, 08:13
Im sure Perth will be considered a remote base..:oh:

Capn Bloggs
28th Apr 2008, 14:23
I would have thought the further away from BS castle the better. Works well for the NJS guys...

brown_hornet
30th Apr 2008, 00:31
Great news, but..............Any idea if there will ever be an Adelaide base for 737 crew!? Considering the amount of aircraft that overnight there each night surely it would have to be a viable option. I know it's done the rounds before but poor old Adelaide always gets looked over!....:*

Icarus53
30th Apr 2008, 01:20
Hornet - that's because only Adelaide people want to live in Adelaide!:}

Get with the program and start thinking about all the great places you could bid for that have the decided advantage of not being Adelaide!

brown_hornet
30th Apr 2008, 02:03
Great places? Like the big smoke over East? You've got to be kidding, Why do you think I'm where I am atm...to avoid those 'great' places!:}

I'd gladly live a sheltered life with my fellow Australian outkasts voted off the Island in Adelaide if the option were there!:E

betaman
30th Apr 2008, 06:33
Adelaide. Living proof Tasmanians can swim.

Umm Derek,

Last time I looked at a map of Tassie;) (I'm talkin about the map variety) Melbourne was closer to Tassie.:ok:

Besides the white pointers would have trouble swallowing two headed swimmers methinks:}

Cheers

SIDS N STARS
1st May 2008, 07:04
that's because only Adelaide people want to live in Adelaide

Icarus, a completely naive statement. I know plenty of people from Adelaide who don't want to live there :}