PDA

View Full Version : XL the future?

RMC
27th Apr 2008, 18:00
Are they recruiting (nothing on the website). How is their financial situation....heard they made a loss last year. Can't search it as XL is less than four letters.

Wigster
29th Apr 2008, 09:47
For what its worth, the word within the industry is that the workforce are more than a little unhappy with the direct management (ie. CP) and there is talk that if an airline is going under this Summer due various cost issues but mainly rising fuel costs then XL is it. Hope it doesnt happen as any airline going is bad news for all but lets see, it is going to be an interesting Summer.

A and C
29th Apr 2008, 10:53
Unfortunatly you are talking mostly rubbish with the odd smattering of half truth.

The Airbus recrutment has been largly based on time served with points deduted for "no shows" sickness etc.

Your theory about career advancment via the CP's Bckside (your words not mine) don't hold much water, the first time I had ever talked to the guy was when he phoned me to to ask if I would like to go on the Airbus so I had little chance to put your theory to the test!

The dual MAN-EMA base is optional and only avalable to those who want it, so for some it is seen as an advantage and for the others it is no change in working practices.

The whole business is going through hard times and all airline managments are trying to cut costs, for you this is penny pinching for all the airline bosses in the world it would be seen as prudent financal management.

XL is not a bed of roses but after 5 airlines I have found it to be the most pleasent place to work with a very approachable pilot management, it has its problems, the pay is not the best and the roster can be a bit erratic but on balance its a lot better than just OK. Some who have left are have found life with other airlines unsatisfactory an are wishing that they could zoom back to XL.

I would guess that you are one of the ex-AAE 767 guys that could find nothing right with XL, I'm pleased that you have found a "better "job
and we are better off without someone who is unhappy to work with us.

peterowensfanclub
29th Apr 2008, 16:25
Usual b0llocks.

Devils Martini
29th Apr 2008, 16:29
peterowensfanclub,

What happened to your original post? I assume you were so embarrassed by it's content you removed it!

peterowensfanclub
29th Apr 2008, 16:37
Not at all. I removed it because with hindsight I cant be bothered with the anti xl/aae :mad: like you that have posted and decided that a lengthy response is a waste of time as it was probably in person in manchester.Where you moaned daily anyway.Good riddance
You obviously read it so if the cap fits its your call. Like I said :mad:.End of transmission.

australiancalou
30th Apr 2008, 07:07
Is it true that XL is looking for investors?
Are the Icelandic guys still involved in the business in any mean?
Time now to see if the MBO was properly secured........:\:\:\