PDA

View Full Version : FAA medical validity in the UK?

RobHemsley
27th Apr 2008, 15:49
Hi folks.
Just been flying a few hours in the states and picked up a night qualification whilst there. I had to get an FAA student medical (class 3) to allow the instructor to sign me off to do solo. Just by the way, thinking about it, it seems a bit odd that I should need an FAA medical to do a JAA qualification - any comments...?

My JAA class 2 is due to expire in July but I'm wondering if the recent FAA ticket is considered as valid over here for the next couple of years....I'm intending to go and try for a class 1 at next medical time but I'd prefer to put it off until much later in the year if possible...

I'm sure the answer must exist on the CAA website - am I the only one who finds it extremely difficult to find what I'm looking for on there?!

Any wadvice appreciated.
Cheers

RobH

twhite1
28th Apr 2008, 11:51
No you're not the only 1! lol every time i go on the page does not display. They certainly need to make their website more user friendly!

Flyin'Dutch'
2nd May 2008, 21:04
CAA website it fine. You just need to know where to look!

:}

You need an FAA ticket to fly in the US; if you don't have any licence that will need to be a Medical/Student Licence; they can be for FAA Class 1/2/3.

If you then go on to get your FAA license with that you can fly with that FAA license and medical either in the US or in the UK.

The FAA medical/student licence does not validate your UK PPL; for that you need a UK Medical.

leapy
13th May 2008, 16:52
The CAA website fit for purpose?!?!?

That website is the most bloted, confusing and badly designed site i've ever seen! The whole thing should be scrapped and built up again from scratch. Much like the CAA as a whole really.