PDA

View Full Version : Austrian Arrows/Tyrolean

lissy
27th Apr 2008, 12:00
Hi,

I have a pilot interview with Austrian Arrows/Tyrolean in June. Does anyone have any information on the interview process, salary scales, austrian lifestyle!?

Also, does anyone know exactly how much German you're expected to know?

Thanks

Lissy

matt_hooks
27th Apr 2008, 12:11
All the info you ask for is here already, just a quick search away.

Stage one is a techical paper, tests knowledge on weather, procedures, all ATPL exam stuff that you should know.

Second stage is the psychometric testing. This is a good few hours and you need to be awake and fully functioning for it. It's your basic psychometric pilot type test, multi tasking functions etc. and you need to work quickly and accurately through the tests.

If you get past the first two stages you'll be invited back on the second day for a sim ride. This is a fairly basic profile but the sim is not the friendliest to fly.

If you are succesful at the sim ride you will be invited to an interview. Depending on the scheduling this may happen the same day, it may happen the next day or they may well send you away and ask you to come back again for the interview.

Hints/tips, get hold of a computer based psychometric training package and use it. The tests are unlikely to be exactly the same, but they will give you some kind of idea of what to expect and hopefully make you feel a little more comfortable with the testing.

Make sure you have a good brush up on your ATPL subjects.

Make sure you are smart and well presented.

As for the required German level, it is exactly nil! As long as you are proficient (i.e. pretty much native level) in EITHER English or German you are well catered for. The knowledge test is in English, and the psychometrics are in either English or German. If you are succesful then you will be required to learn German in your first year with the company and will be tested on it after the year.

Hope some of that is useful and good luck! :D

milanl
2nd May 2008, 11:29
Where can I get this computer based psychometric training package?

Thx.

matt_hooks
2nd May 2008, 19:23
Do a search on Google. There are dozens out there.

The one I use is called cockpitweb, which is apparently similar to the BA aptitude tests, and not dissimilar to the Tyrolean ones, except for the omission of the multi tasking element.

As I said, there are others available, on which I cannot comment, maybe people who use other packages can advise?