PDA

View Full Version : Flightpath maps

aviatordom
27th Apr 2008, 11:51
Where i can i find maps of the flightpaths for airports around London? (LHR, LTN, LGW, LCY, STN & SEN). Preferably the maps need to be quite detailed (like an OS map) but if not then please tell me anyway!

Kind regards,

aviatordom

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
27th Apr 2008, 12:33
The routes to and from major airports are all available in the public domain. Go to this link, register and then look up what you need in the AIP. None of the maps are of OS-style though:
http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/login.jsp;WLSSecurityAesSessionCookie=SBRyX495EYNKL22ZPqiJkk P4POtYjUbN4vG7oROKPePm05lzd4zC!8912387171411490864!172422922 !80!7002

You should be aware of the following:

Departure routes are fairly standardised, ie aircraft will usually follow them except when the weather is very bad. Arrival routes are fairly standard until the aircraft reach the holding areas associated with the airfield in question. Thereafter the "routes" to the airfield will vary at the discretion of the radar controllers.

That said, radar control is employed in most of the major hubs in the UK so routes may vary slightly depending on traffic situation.