PDA

View Full Version : Airliner parts!

aviatordom
27th Apr 2008, 07:31
I've always wanted to own part of an airliner-like most spotters!

I ahve found a couple of US sites that sell parts from disused airliners or just spare parts. Obvioulsy shipping from the US to the UK can get pretty expensive and it's slow, plus there's the risk of it going missing, etc....

So, does anyone know of any sites that sell airliner parts in the UK or any contacts?

Kind regards,

aviatordom

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
27th Apr 2008, 08:41
When an ATC colleague at Heathrow retired we presented him with the 6 ft long registration number panel from a particular aeroplane which was dear to his heart (G-AVMR)!! Two other colleagues visited one of the aircraft breakers at Hurn and were given it for free.

cats_five
27th Apr 2008, 11:04
Is there a Mrs Aviatordom to run this past before you start filling the garage with bits of old plane?

Gulf4uk
27th Apr 2008, 14:04
Just tell her your collecting the parts from coupons in a Mens Magazine
to built a new bird bath.

Tony

jurgenthegerman
27th Apr 2008, 17:27
If you want a small engine intake cowling ( Dart ?) and dont mind collecting it from the midlands you can have it for Nowt !

Antdenatale
27th Apr 2008, 20:52
Tell me what you are looking for and I may be able to put you in contact with someone who can help you out.

Pugilistic Animus
30th Apr 2008, 15:37
When your wife or girlfriend sees you dragging another old rust bucket to be restored just tell her---"Trust me sweetie, she's a classic, I swear a classic"--she'll understand:ouch:

PA