PDA

View Full Version : SHOULD ACMS have been BANNED?

ACMS
26th Apr 2008, 04:22
Should I have been prevented from giving my opinion in Pprune?

After all I am a REAL profesional Pilot with 30+ years in the industry that SHOULD be allowed to have a voice.

So what do you think people?

tell TIDDBINBILLA what you think, start a poll perhaps?

cheers all, I'm off to work.

ACMS
26th Apr 2008, 04:46
I have been exchanging a few pm's with Tailwheel, you know the Moderator in THIS forum.

He said to me, with a few other things:

I have absolutely no interest in the 457 debate, however as an observation.......

I said back to him:--

you selfish SOB.

Obviously not a Pilot employed in Australia and maybe it's time the Downunder mod was changed.

YOU PUT YOURSELF AT THE VERY EPICENTRE OF PPRUNE DEBATES SIMPLY BY BEING A MODERATOR.

HOW DARE YOU INSULT YOUR FELLOW AVIATORS WITH A STUPID COMMENT LIKE THAT.

I HOPE YOUR FAMILY DOES'T WANT A JOB IN OZ AVIATION SOON PAL

Now who's the ******** ey?

Spotlight
26th Apr 2008, 05:47
Had the odd run in with them myself over the years. Mostly dickheads

Capt Wally
26th Apr 2008, 05:54
Oh boy ACMS, I think you ought to quit now. As much as it's hard to understand the Mods reasons as to why they play 'Big Brother' in here you won't win!:bored: Leave it alone at that level & be a part of the rejection of all thungs dumb in here not the cause ofm it. Don't try to win the war against common sense on yr own.

CW

obie2
26th Apr 2008, 06:09
Is it just me, or do others find ACMS an obnoxious jerk?

My vote ACMS is for you to go away!

Chronic Snoozer
26th Apr 2008, 06:23
Sometimes its the message, sometimes the method.

What you said to the Mod - You selfish SOB....Now who's the ******** ey?

What you could have said to the Mod - I am inclined to believe that despite overcoming the travails of being raised in a broken home, you remain rather more interested in the welfare of your immediate good self rather than the topical issue I am mercilessly flailing with my hammer-like intellect. How do you like them apples?

TurboOtter
26th Apr 2008, 06:31
I've said once and I'll say it again, I believe the moderators step over the mark many many times. can't they just let a discussion take it's own direction?

The freedom to voice your thoughts is a restricted activity in these neck of the woods:=

desmotronic
26th Apr 2008, 07:08
SHOULD ACMS have been BANNED?

No way! Its unorstrylian.

stevie g
26th Apr 2008, 07:12
Isn't the question "Did ACSM break the code of conduct" or whatever terms agreed when we signed up, and if he didn't what right do moderators have to ban / bar / terminate him?

Surely each time someone is barred the moderator should state this as any normal due process would require.

Just a thought

Pinky the pilot
26th Apr 2008, 07:57
I think sometimes some of my fellow Ppruners forget the golden rule......

''Whoever has the gold, makes the rules!'':eek:

As I understand it, Pprune is not a democracy, never was or was intended to be. If we don't like what sometimes happens (and on occasion I fit that category) we have two choices.

Accept it, or s'orf!!

ACMS; Your call.

Islander Jock
26th Apr 2008, 08:04
ACMS,
Rest assured Tail Wheel is indeed a pilot and a very experienced one at that.

PPRuNe Towers
26th Apr 2008, 08:09
You can check al the posts from ACMS - especially the ones on the Fragrant Harbour.

There are dual standards - how he posts there and what he thinks is acceptable on a couple of threads here. Level headed, thoughtful and never altered, edited or binned versus angry pointless ranting here.

Check for yourself.

I've instructed all mods across the site to get rid of the vitriolic, abusive and bitter ranting. I also told them to offer no explanations.

It's obvious this is a topic that makes the red mist descend over his eyes but ACMS can makes all his points in the same style and power as he does on the Fragrant Harbour forum.

He choses not to and that's his problem - not ours. He gets blocked from thread he's ranting on. Not the forum, not the OZ area, not the rest of the site.

Again, check for yourselves.

Rob

tipsy2
26th Apr 2008, 08:35
There are dual standards

&

I also told them to offer no explanations.

And yet we still come in here inspite of such "official attitudes".

As to the thread question SHOULD ACMS have been BANNED?

Going by the justifications from those dizzy dunny :yuk:heights I suppose it's understandable.

As a normal person I'm not so sure I would.

tipsy:rolleyes:

bentleg
26th Apr 2008, 10:24
This thread seems pointless.

People seem to forget this is a free forum and we particpate at the pleasure of the owners/moderators.

If you dont like that, then go somewhere else.

tail wheel
26th Apr 2008, 11:34
ACMS received the following PM:

PPRuNe has rules and a reasonable standard of decorum is expected - regardless of what you fly and how big your watch and wallet are!

You have been excluded from the threads due to childish and abusive posts:

"Yeah I confused you with The JAP Bomber Pilot TORA TORA for a second. Gee sorry, my communist blood was boiling over a bit with red hate at your SELFISH Attitude LOWERING the general WAGES of those not smart enough to NEGOTIATE their own DEALS like you. Sorry MATE.""oh and TORATORATORA, you do know who won WW2 don't you? Your folks wouldn't be too happy with that handle I'm sure.

JAP KAMAKAZI might have been a better handle":}"dope""none of the above d:mad:d"You have been a PPRuNe registered user for nine years with over 700 posts. You know our rules.

When I think you can constructively and objectively participate in a PPRuNe debate, without resorting to childish and abusive posts, I may allow you back.--------------------------------------

ACMS was not sanctioned for the opinions he held, but for the abusive manner in which he expressed them. He was not banned however his access to certain threads was restricted due to the nature of his posts.

In deciding not to ban ACMS, I took into account his reasonable and significant contribution in other forums, as noted by PPRuNe Towers. Why does he think he can come to the Dunnunda Forums with abusive posts?

He has been a registered PPRuNe user since June 5, 1999, with over 700 posts. He knows the rules.

Tail Wheel

the wizard of auz
26th Apr 2008, 13:01
Gosh, he sounds like the Kaptain reincarnate. ( you long time Ppruners will know who I am talking about) :E

Lasiorhinus
26th Apr 2008, 13:21
Wiz, not FS, by any chance?

MUNT
26th Apr 2008, 13:31
'Kaptain M' i would have thought.

Kangaroo Court
26th Apr 2008, 14:03
I still say there's too much banning going on. I got banned for poking fun at somebody's spelling a couple of months ago.

JohnnyK
26th Apr 2008, 19:02
Seems like hes always using capitals. I wonder if he shouts a lot in his daily conversations? Im with the guy above who reckons hes obnoxious.

G Cantstandya
27th Apr 2008, 00:31
I believe all Mods have been fair apart from Tinbindilla....

I have been banned several times by this muppet and would love to catch up with him for a quiet chat!!

Capt Wally
27th Apr 2008, 08:00
ah so 'KC' is part of the spelling Nazi's hey? I bet you also set the dumb req's for QF to only employ spelling 'geeks' !:E

Seems like a good deal of posters in here dislike the way the Mods rule.

Lets have a vote, although it would be rigged right?:E

CW

CW

ACMS
27th Apr 2008, 09:17
I should not have called TORATORATORA a jap bomber Pilot. BUT what an offensive name to use in an Australian site that was bombed by the Japs in WW2. Offensive to Japan and the Australian Diggers and Darwin ites they killed.

maybe he should have called him Stukaspitfire or something?

I crossed a line, sorry if I offended BUT it's an important subject boys.

And the mods know it.

Back to the action.

Cheers

ACMS

obie2
27th Apr 2008, 09:55
Nobody cares anymore! :bored:

FGD135
27th Apr 2008, 14:03
Very forthcoming of you, tail wheel, to give a reason for why ACMS was banned.

Bet you can't be so forthcoming over why young "aircraft" was banned (permanently, it appears)?

ACMS
27th Apr 2008, 23:59
OBIE What we are talking about is a FAIR go for "my fellow Australians"

Nothing more, nothing less.

If the current generation of Australian Pilot's don't give a toss anymore and will just bend over and let it all happen then I fear for the future of the Australian Pilot IN AUSTRALIA. Our Sons and daughters gentlemen.:=

ACMS
28th Apr 2008, 00:05
Oh and Tidbinbilla:

PUT THE LINK TO THIS BACK IN THE DOWNUNDER MAIN THREAD

THANKS.