PDA

View Full Version : Logbook Questions

Lost in Cloud
25th Apr 2008, 13:19
Hi All

I have just started my PPL training as the first step towards a fATPL via a modular route. I have purchased a brand spanking new Logbook. Its a Pooleys JAR-FCL Professional Logbook. However am a little unsure as to how to fill it in, I dont want to get it wrong on the first page!

How do I log my flying with an instructor hours (PUT)?

Within the actual logs, for those who have a similar logbook, there is column 10 which is titled 'Pilot Function Time' with sub-options of PIC, Co-Pilot, Dual and instructor. For which I need to enter the flight duration. I am asuming that if I am PUT then it should go in the 'dual' column. Am I right?

Also another thing that has been on my mind. To start a CPL course you need 150 hours total time logged of which 100 hours must be PIC and so many hours cross country / navigation. I am buying a share in an aircraft,
1. How can I prove that the hours I fly are accurate? Or do the CAA trust you, obviously an offence to falsify hours but how do they check?
2. Again how do I prove that a flight is a navigation flight or cross country? Especially if I take off and land at the same airfield?

Thanks

pixpax
25th Apr 2008, 14:18
Hours with instructor go under "dual" and solo hours go under "PIC".

1. For proof the same flights are recorded in your logbook and in aircraft's logbook.

2. Think that, if you have done touch and go's then you have number of landings greater than 1. And there is a last column for instructor's signature and comments about flight. I guess.

MIKECR
25th Apr 2008, 14:35
The caa carry out random auditing on roughly 10% of licence applications and ratings. They can check school training records, aircraft logbooks, tech logs etc etc. Your hours are perfectly traceable.

Keygrip
25th Apr 2008, 17:00
However am a little unsure as to how to fill it in,

What does it say in the instructions?